Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Break my J frame.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    Great project, thanks for sharing the details. A laser on a revolver is one of the most overlooked training aids around IMO ... instant feedback that helps all your shooting. I'm curious ... mind sharing what the 9mm conversion took money wise? I may want to head down that road sometime.
    If you just want to convert, TK Custom does it for $300... Pinnacle does it for $225. Both companies are good to go. Only other costs are moonclips... and I'd personally recommend a BMT loader/unloader.

Mine was sold as a converted cylinder (Pinnacle did the work), so if you want to keep the original caliber, you'd have to add on a cylinder's cost... then fitting. You can shoot .38 out of the cylinder, but likely going to stick. Can't single load 9mm in... must be on moonclips.

Matching it to the gun was another cost, but allowed me to have the light hardware plated, as well. Rust is a major thing with me... especially with the sweat I have. The screws for my LCP CT grips rusted within a week of pocket carrying.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    If you just want to convert, TK Custom does it for $300... Pinnacle does it for $225. Both companies are good to go. Only other costs are moonclips... and I'd personally recommend a BMT loader/unloader.

Mine was sold as a converted cylinder (Pinnacle did the work), so if you want to keep the original caliber, you'd have to add on a cylinder's cost... then fitting. You can shoot .38 out of the cylinder, but likely going to stick. Can't single load 9mm in... must be on moonclips.

Matching it to the gun was another cost, but allowed me to have the light hardware plated, as well. Rust is a major thing with me... especially with the sweat I have. The screws for my LCP CT grips rusted within a week of pocket carrying.
    Great, thanks for the info!
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    Here's something new to empty our wallets ...

Reading the write up, sounds like a 357 capable Airweight http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-357-revolver/
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    Here's something new to empty our wallets ...

Reading the write up, sounds like a 357 capable Airweight http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-357-revolver/
    Egad...
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I have a 10.5 ounce Model 342 that is rated for +P .38's, and an 11.2 ounce 340 PD that is rated for .357.

I'll save you all a lot of trouble. Go slam your hand in a car door five times in about 12 seconds.

You'll thank me later.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have a 10.5 ounce Model 342 that is rated for +P .38's, and an 11.2 ounce 340 PD that is rated for .357.

I'll save you all a lot of trouble. Go slam your hand in a car door five times in about 12 seconds. You'll thank me later.
    I've got the 340 PD. I just have to remember that it is not a range target practice gun. it's not supposed to be a target practice gun. It's a pocket BUG. For EDC, it ranks a solid 10 on a 10 scale.

Word is he the CT 405 laser grips at least make it manageable. I haven't tried this yet though. For now I just wear a glove for target practice. That takes enough bite out of it to stay proficient.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

I'll save you all a lot of trouble. Go slam your hand in a car door five times in about 12 seconds.

You'll thank me later.

I love that analogy. I laughed out loud when I read it.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    If I wanted the most lethal & light 357 snubbie, I'd give that a hard look. I think effectiveness trumps discomfort for a BUG

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Oh trust me, those two are my normal BUGs. I am well aware of their role. I did an entire pistol class this spring with a Smith 637, shooting it weak hand only, since I always carry the BUG in my left front pocket.

Comfortable? Oh feck no. Valuable training experience? Yes, it was.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Got a 642 blue label few months back and shot it at our local IDPA match for some practice. Found out my pachmyer compact grips would hang the speed loaders up so had to use speed strips for the whole match. It was a hot day, upper 90's so ran a pistol wear neoprene holster/belt combo, the mini, with a small mag pouch that holds the speed strip perfectly. Wore workout shorts and a tshirt as that is my carry regiment in the summer. Accuracy wise I kept up, reload speed slowed me down. Match was more designed for the pistol caliber carbine match they had planned afterwards so shots were as far as 30 yards with lots of hard cover over them.

Relieved the rubber grips and now the speed loaders feed better. Love how light this gun is and perfect for minimum clothing in summer heat.

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast