Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Break my J frame.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Got a little snub work in tonight and burned up some old ammo stock. This 642-1 with its installed Apex kit is one of my EDC guns, with over 2000rds through it.

You sure did dust off some "old" ammo!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    100 more rounds of horrid reloads. These things are so bad one will feel like a Cor-Bon and the next one will feel like eastern-block cowboy load/insta squibs.

The XS sight is pretty terrible in conjuction with the standard rear sight. If you try to align them properly you will be shooting about 5 inches low at 21 feet. OTOH, they are so bad you shoot a little faster because you know you aren't going to be doing anything worth photographing.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    70rds tonight through my 442 w/ Apex kit. Your thread is a motivator. Finished off the last of the previously posted 3D ammo and broke out a box of Glaser Safety Slugs for gee whiz. I forgot how much they barked.

Shot high and right tonight. Need more dry fire.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    100 more shabby reloads.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Where do you get primers?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Re: Project: Break my J frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Where do you get primers?
    I heard powder valley had SPP in today but they prob got panic nabbed

sent from mah gun,using my sights

Feedback Score
    This is a good thread. I carry a J Frame and a speed strip more often than anything else I carry.

During a practice session at least 20% of my training involves drawing and reloading with only the support hand. You have to plan for any contingency. If you are able to shoot with the strong hand in an actual defensive situation that is a plus, but I believe that practicing with only the support hand makes you a better strong hand shooter so it is a worthwhile endeavor.
    Last edited by 7 RING; 01-29-13 at 21:19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Okay so it that the difference it's a full weight gun and not air weight. I used to be more versed on the little JFrames, not so much any more.

The 442 is definitely an option, I had one of those too. Man! I started with a 642. Sold it when Colt reintroduced their Detective special, I really wanted that extra round. I did not like the way it carried, the Centennial just rocks for pocket carry. I sold it and bought a 442 which was traded for the 642 I never should have sold.
    Now I've come full circle again and want a 642 but the 442 is fine too. They are just so damn light in the pocket and with two speed strips in my off side pocket and one on my belt I have 20 rounds which isn't a bad little package.
    An all steel snubbie shooting a 158 gn hpswc +p is not bad at all. The same ammo in a 442 is ouch what the f , to me. Call me a sissie!
    Last edited by SteveS; 01-29-13 at 21:49.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackknight View Post
    I heard powder valley had SPP in today but they prob got panic nabbed

sent from mah gun,using my sights
    Looked at PowderValley Inc. last night and they have a big order and shipping disclaimer. If you order today on an item, it more than likely will not ship until March 5th. If there is a backordered item, you won't be able to order it and if you try, your order will be cancelled. All of these panic buyers are killing stuff. Had a guy tell me he was going to start reloading because he couldn't find ammo for his AR15, I asked him what the hell he thought made handloads. It finally clicked that it wasn't going to be easy to find ammo or components period. Good luck and stay safe.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My primary backup is a 638 Bodyguard in a Galco Ankle Glove. Only five shots, but I know that it will go bang when I pull the trigger, and if it doesn't, I only have to pull the trigger again. It disappears completely under boot cut jeans, is so comfortable to carry that I often forget that I'm wearing it, and even with the snubby barrel, in SA, I can nail a bottle cap consistently at 30 paces.

Everyone should have a J frame in their collection.

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast