Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Break my J frame.

Feedback Score
    This thread has definitely inspired my shooting as well. I ran 80 rounds total through my 642 Pro Series Power Port and 360PD today. Rapid fire I put just about all 80 rounds in a fist sized group, just a few rounds landed outside the fist...but not by much. I shot a mix of AE 130 Gr FMJ and Blaser 158gr +P FMJ.

On top of the 80 rounds, I also shot 10 rounds of my new 38 defensive load...Buffalo Bore's Standard Pressure Short Barrel Low Flash rounds, the 125 gr HP version:
    https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=112
    I shot these 10 rounds more slowly and carefully than the other 80 rounds. It is very accurate and the recoil is a little tamer than +p rounds.

I was very pleased with my shooting today.

Eagerly awaiting my 3rd J Frame (442) to arrive this week. Kentucky Gun Co had a special last week on 442s for $357 delivered. It comes with the pink grips, but those will be removed instantly and replaced with Crimson Trace LG 405.
    Last edited by harrishmasher; 07-06-14 at 16:53.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    5400 Rounds (50 Blazer)

You should keep the pink grips dude! LOL
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Seems to work out to me as a comfort level issue. More and more, as this country continues to degenerate and turn towards a less defensive posture, the less comfortable I feel relying on the J alone. My M&P 340 does mostly backup duty now or rides in my pocket as I relax at home in front of the TV. Just my pair of pennies.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wish I had tracked the rounds expended with my BG38 from the beginning. We had some time after a rifle match today and I spent a few hours with two friends while we shot our CCW handguns. One had a 642 and the other guy had a Kahr P9.

We shot precision, boring in and rapid engagement drills. We shot out to 50 yards and the guy with the Kahr was beat soundly at 50 yards.

I shot 400 rounds of 148g HBWC and 30 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 135g +P. My strong side hand is a little sore, but I would do it again tomorrow.

If you are a lumberjack, master the axe you have and don't whine about what you don't have.

The J Frame is still a viable CCW unit in my humble opinion. If you need more than a J Frame, you picked the wrong part of town to travel in or you need to call in an air strike.
    Last edited by T2C; 07-12-14 at 22:22.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    My third J Frame just showed up today (see my others a few posts back). I just installed the Apex Trigger/Carry Kit and I will put 50 rounds through it tonight to test it out.

It came with pink and black rubber grips. I slipped these Alatamont's on until the grips I ordered come (the same ones pictured on my 642 Pro series a few posts back).

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    That's a sexy blaster
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by harrishmasher View Post
    My third J Frame just showed up today (see my others a few posts back). I just installed the Apex Trigger/Carry Kit and I will put 50 rounds through it tonight to test it out.

It came with pink and black rubber grips. I slipped these Alatamont's on until the grips I ordered come (the same ones pictured on my 642 Pro series a few posts back).

This is my idea of a pocket handgun.

I have rosewood Altamont grips on one of my wheel guns. They fit well and the finish is top shelf.
    Train 2 Win

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I went from G19 to Jframes to a SW Bodyguard .380. I carry in my front pocket in a wallet holster, spare mag in other pocket. If it is light, I carry more frequently.

At 52, I have no illusions of grandeur. My strategy is avoidance. If that fails, six shots of .380 to break contact and flee while reloading.

If I make it to car or truck, each has a SW638 Jframe .38 with CT grips-located very handy with a speed loader reload.

I like Jframes for the same reasons you do and own 3.

If I have 10 seconds, each vehicle has a AR15 SBR with 8 mags to persuade bad guys to go away and leave me alone
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    This is my idea of a pocket handgun.

I have rosewood Altamont grips on one of my wheel guns. They fit well and the finish is top shelf.
    Yep, I have owned tons of J Frame grips, and Altamont makes the best grips for the J Frame. Two of mine below are wearing Altamont's. They look good, they feel good, and provide a great grip on the little revolver. The price is also right.

Eagle and some of the other grip makers have gotten crazy with their prices lately. Over $100 for any grip they offer. The grips pictured above are $32 from Altamont, and fill the hand perfectly, unlike the flat Eagle Secret Service grips etc. The Altamont's in general also don't unnecessarily cover the trade mark or other markings on the revolver. Pet peeve, I hate that.

Last edited by harrishmasher; 07-18-14 at 08:44.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

5500 Rounds (100 Blazer)

A little blasting this weekend. The J-frame has been getting lonely lately since I have focused all my love on the Wilson and the Vp9. But the J-frame remains my actual carry gun. Today I spent all my practice on (1) El Pres, and (2) timed shots, starting back to target and putting one shot in each of three targets as fast as possible (8 inch circles). My theory is, if I have three assailants, shoot each one of them as fast as I can and save the last two for tougher targets!

The gun is purring along.

Christopher Columbus

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast