Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Break my J frame.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    5800. I took it out and shot it with my VP9 today. I also plinked with my 22 J-frame. I know I am crazy, but the J-frame really is the perfect carry gun. My only regret is that I would have stuck with the normal ramp (with orange paint). I think when this one goes down I am going to replace it with a plain jain hammerless with laser grips.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    My only regret is that I would have stuck with the normal ramp (with orange paint). I think when this one goes down I am going to replace it with a plain jain hammerless with laser grips.
    Care to expand on your sight preference? Do you not like the Big dot?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I like the (medium) dot, but it doesn't totally work with the stock rear sight (although there are Js made for it). It requires a sort of dip into the trench with the dot that isn't totally satisfactory. Also, I think with the laser grips the orange band front sight is probably fine (and MUCH cheaper).
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Greg - What model of CT grips do you use? I tried to find it in the thread but couldn't. I'm considering some for my M&P340 which I scored for net $450.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I'm not Greg, but I believe he use a CT405, like me.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I'm not Greg, but I believe he use a CT405, like me.
    Thanks, I think that is the way I'm going to go with my MP340

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

By the way, I noticed about two boxes of ammo back that my laser had drifted to the right about 1 inch. I retightend the grips and touched the windage screw a bit and back to zero. Also of note, that is the first time in 5000 rounds it has needed a touch-up. That is (*$&(# amazing to me. And it was still minute of eye box.

The gun is running perfectly. I love this damn gun.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Shot 158 grain Monarch JHP. Gun operated smoothly as usual. Shot steel at 10 yards and the gun was excellent as always.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I officially retired today when I sold my business and my employees gave me a BG38 as a retirement present. I had already been carrying a well worn BG38 and they knew how much I liked J Frames, so they bought me a new one.

I have not had the opportunity to track the round count of any of my other J Frames. I will follow Mr. Bell's example and keep track of rounds fired through my new BG38. It may take some doing to catch up with Mr. Bell.

I have no more interest in teaching, but if I decide to throw my hat back in the ring I believe I will develop and teach a 5 shot wheel gun course. There is nothing like a J Frame.

The wife bought me a cell phone, so I can post photographs when I figure out how to use the new phone.
    Last edited by T2C; 10-09-14 at 22:01.
    Train 2 Win

Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast