Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Break my J frame.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Nah. G43 for all of us that gave Greg Bell a hard time for embarking on this path in the first place.
    I bought a Glock 43 (1,693 rounds) on July 27th and have been abusing it along with the J Frame (5,644 rounds). We can start another thread on the G43.
    Last edited by T2C; 09-16-15 at 21:22.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    I have a 43 also. I just want to live vicariously through Greg's supply of ammo.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    No way. I have never been j-frame free. I have two right now. I always have one or the other on me. I never carry autoloaders unless driving to the range.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The wife informed me we are traveling to Chicago to attend a wedding and my attendance is mandatory. I thought a small wheel gun would be appropriate for the occasion, so I took the BG38 to the range this morning to see if I could still hit anything with it. I fired a modified version of our old secondary course of fire 4 times and the J Frame still gets the job done.

Total round count is 5,764 rounds.

Now if I can just figure out a way to get out of going to the wedding.......
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    I have now read this thread fully 3 times, it prompted me to pick up a 442 from a Scheels for $449. I've put 100 rnds of WWB through it thus far, & she do have a wallop to her lol. My primary use is going to be as a backup to my 1911 or P226..so, as soon as I pick & fucnction check carry ammo, I wil shoot this little revolver every outing I shoot my primary pistol..I want to thank all the members who posted, for turning me on to something I didn't think I neeeded..but have subsequently found the value in..my first J frame.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantee View Post
    I have now read this thread fully 3 times, it prompted me to pick up a 442 from a Scheels for $449. I've put 100 rnds of WWB through it thus far, & she do have a wallop to her lol. My primary use is going to be as a backup to my 1911 or P226..so, as soon as I pick & fucnction check carry ammo, I wil shoot this little revolver every outing I shoot my primary pistol..I want to thank all the members who posted, for turning me on to something I didn't think I neeeded..but have subsequently found the value in..my first J frame.
    You will become a better pistol shooter with that j frame. Trigger control and sight picture become amplified with frequent j frame use. Enjoy!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    You will become a better pistol shooter with that j frame. Trigger control and sight picture become amplified with frequent j frame use. Enjoy!
    This has really helped me. My 642 has the Crimson grip laser, so it's real time feedback on that red dot holding steady as you stroke the trigger.

At first I as "meh" about a laser on a revolver, but I figured with 5 shots, that extra deterrence factor with the laser is why I paid the extra bucks.

Didn't realize it would help so much with trigger control. Yeah, costs more, but it's less than buying the whole Laser Lyte set up.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am with you Patton. My 642 does have the factory installed CT. Never had one before. Very reassuring for low light conditions, unorthodox shooting positions, and dry fire practice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    I am with you Patton. My 642 does have the factory installed CT. Never had one before. Very reassuring for low light conditions, unorthodox shooting positions, and dry fire practice.
    You made me remember, as mine was factory installed too ... model 642CT if I remember correctly. I forgot that I also chose this model because it was a "no-lock." All the other ones as Bass pro were with the lock, so this one not having the lock sealed the deal on the Crimson gun. I'm curious if yours is also a no-lock? That would suggest that was a "value add" for the Crimson models, not that Smith Wesson would ever admit that, LoL!
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No lock for sure! I remember being very careful specifying the correct catalog number when I ordered the 642CT from my FFL. He came through for me. It has been wonderful and trouble free with no risk of recoil induced locking from the Clinton hole.

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast