Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast

Thread: Project: Break my J frame.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Finally brought it home last night! Trigger actually feels real nice, I dry fired it a couple hundred times last night. No lock, great fit and finish, I am ready to start trying some loads out! Woohoo!

340pd.jpg

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtough25 View Post
    Finally brought it home last night! Trigger actually feels real nice, I dry fired it a couple hundred times last night. No lock, great fit and finish, I am ready to start trying some loads out! Woohoo!

340pd.jpg
    Nice, they look good in black, definitely. Love not seeing a lock on modern SW revolvers. What are the two dots on the frame below the cylinder ... just a weird reflection?
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    Very sharp looking. It would be interesting to see wearing a set of Craig Spegel S++ grips too.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    Nice, they look good in black, definitely. Love not seeing a lock on modern SW revolvers. What are the two dots on the frame below the cylinder ... just a weird reflection?
    Thanks! I love the look too, hate the locks. I'm not exactly sure yet I didn't even notice them until I was looking at the picture this morning, there's one under the cylinder release partially as well. They're not on the right side of the pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by LDB View Post
    Very sharp looking. It would be interesting to see wearing a set of Craig Spegel S++ grips too.
    Thanks! I will have to look those up.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Right side.

pd2.jpg

Feedback Score
    Nice. Mine has a twin after all. Now get some CT-405 grips with the padded high backstrap. They make it bearable to shoot. They are no wider than the stock grips, so it still pockets well.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Nice. Mine has a twin after all. Now get some CT-405 grips with the padded high backstrap. They make it bearable to shoot. They are no wider than the stock grips, so it still pockets well.
    Thanks for the tip on those grips, a laser would be handy for sure and I am sure padding will not hurt from what I hear/read.

Feedback Score
    Next Tuesday I'll be doing an IDPA shoot with my LCR 5 shot, now that I have 5 round speed loaders on the way to to me. Didn't last time, so I shot my old school SW 64-3 6 rounder instead.
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    Next Tuesday I'll be doing an IDPA shoot with my LCR 5 shot, now that I have 5 round speed loaders on the way to to me. Didn't last time, so I shot my old school SW 64-3 6 rounder instead.
    I got rid of my speed loaders last year with the 642, but I do have a couple bianchi speed strips still, I always preferred those for carry! I'll get some rounds in this week somehow and will report back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtough25 View Post
    I got rid of my speed loaders last year with the 642, but I do have a couple bianchi speed strips still, I always preferred those for carry! I'll get some rounds in this week somehow and will report back.
    Why you'd get rid of them? I woulda' bought 'em. On the speed strips, I learned a trick to get the 8 round versions ... that allows you to have two sets of two round together, and one by itself. As you already know, you can only get two rounds in at a time, so with this set up the space between the sets of two make it faster to get them in, and more leverage to quickly peel the strip off. Try it, it works, you can get pretty quick

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast