Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Break my J frame.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I ditched the hogue grips for the laser grips. No doubt, the laser grips are much better for speed loaders.

So far I haven't had any screws come loose. But I did have that pop up with my 442.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I ditched the hogue grips for the laser grips. No doubt, the laser grips are much better for speed loaders.

So far I haven't had any screws come loose. But I did have that pop up with my 442.
    How do grips effect speed loading, Greg?
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    With the HKS speedloaders the rubber grips rub a bit.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    How do grips effect speed loading, Greg?
    the grip gets in the way of some speedloaders preventing you from aligning it straight down into the cylinder

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Back in the day when coppers started using speedloaders instead of loops or dump pouches finding grips, or modding the grips you had, to function with speedloaders was a very big deal.

There are lots of grips that will cause a speedloader to bind up when trying to do the reload, especially at speed when you don't have everything lined up perfectly.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, guys.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

100 more

100 more rounds today. 50 rounds of very light lead federal. I noticed I am getting ridiculously high up on the grip. I noticed that the xs sight pretty much hits poa/poi if you really sink the dot deep in the notch. I am now about 90% as accurate as with my M&P 40. I can keep all my rounds inside a sheet of paper even with all my moving and weak hand drills.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Are you using Jerry Miculek's J frame grip? I stumbled upon holding the gun this way but I think he thought of it first. Second picture from the bottom.

http://www.shootingusa.com/PRO_TIPS/.../miculek2.html

Feedback Score
    I'd submit that the phrase "all you really need" actually means "the bare minimum requirements for a defensive pistol".

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

970 rounds so far. Should blow. Through 100o round mark today.

Christopher Columbus

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast