Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast

Thread: Project: Break my J frame.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    Why you'd get rid of them? I woulda' bought 'em. On the speed strips, I learned a trick to get the 8 round versions ... that allows you to have two sets of two round together, and one by itself. As you already know, you can only get two rounds in at a time, so with this set up the space between the sets of two make it faster to get them in, and more leverage to quickly peel the strip off. Try it, it works, you can get pretty quick
    Well hindsight is 20/20, my buddy was wearing me out about that 642 and I let him have the speed loaders and a holster with it. Obviously I realized my stupidity rather quickly and was on the search for another Jframe! I'll have to get soem of those 8 round versions, sounds handy!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtough25 View Post
    Well hindsight is 20/20, my buddy was wearing me out about that 642 and I let him have the speed loaders and a holster with it. Obviously I realized my stupidity rather quickly and was on the search for another Jframe! I'll have to get soem of those 8 round versions, sounds handy!
    Ah, that's right, I recall you saying that. Yep, for speed, 8 round strips are the way to go ... no third round to get in the way, and with the first two it's an easy rocking motion forward to get them in, and the next two easy rocking motion backwards. The 5th round almost isn't worth the time
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    Ah, that's right, I recall you saying that. Yep, for speed, 8 round strips are the way to go ... no third round to get in the way, and with the first two it's an easy rocking motion forward to get them in, and the next two easy rocking motion backwards. The 5th round almost isn't worth the time
    To get back into the fight quick I can see what you're saying for sure, 4 close and fire. I noticed with speed loaders it was hard to get it centered with the cylinder, so I quickly changed to the strips.
    Last edited by Fordtough25; 02-08-18 at 19:53.

Feedback Score
    Finally brought it home last night! Trigger actually feels real nice, I dry fired it a couple hundred times last night. No lock, great fit and finish, I am ready to start trying some loads out! Woohoo!

Attachment 50351
    Excellent choice!

I’ve owned that very same pistol for many years now and it’s a joy to pocket carry.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    Excellent choice!

I’ve owned that very same pistol for many years now and it’s a joy to pocket carry.
    Excellent, thanks much! I've got my different ammo types all out and ready to test this weekend, oh yea!!! I have a desantis pocket holster that seems to work well, have a safariland iwb on the way.

Feedback Score
    Excellent, thanks much! I've got my different ammo types all out and ready to test this weekend, oh yea!!! I have a desantis pocket holster that seems to work well, have a safariland iwb on the way.
    When you can get you a set of crimson trace grips for it. This little guy won’t be complete without them
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    When you can get you a set of crimson trace grips for it. This little guy won’t be complete without them
    I have been looking, anyone using a green laser or just red?

Feedback Score
    I have been looking, anyone using a green laser or just red?
    I have the Crimson grip activated grips on my SW 642, red. It does add some length to the grip. I am very skeptical in a typical quick SD situation they'll be of any value, but if there's time, it does provide a bit of visceral fear in the assailant ... like it's a sure hit, whether that's true or not. That said, it is excellent / immediate feedback when dry firing, to train yourself for heavier double action. Some will say a laser on a snub are like tits on a bull, and I get the point, but to each their own. If the cost isn't an issue, I'd rather have than not
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    I have the CT grips on my J frame. I figure they can't hurt anything and if they provide psychological advantage positively for me or negatively for an aggressor all the better.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Well, ran 15 magnums through my 340pd this morning along with 15 38s. Was accurate with them all but the 357 are stout for sure!!! After the first 5 I'd get through two before feeling the pain. Love this snubbie, it's perfect!!!

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast