Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Refreshing Candor from Lara Logan of CBS/60 Minutes

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Refreshing Candor from Lara Logan of CBS/60 Minutes

Lara Logan’s War Cry
    Oct 9, 2012 4:45 AM EDT
    The CBS News and ‘60 Minutes’ correspondent stunned a Chicago audience with her interventionist critique of America’s response to the attacks in Libya. James Warren reports.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...s-war-cry.html

Here is and excerpt

The Taliban and al Qaeda, she made clear, “want to destroy the West and us,” and we must fight fire with fire, She appeared to leave the assembled alternatively riveted and just a bit troubled by a critique with interventionist implications clearly drawn from her reporting.

As one nonprofit executive, a former magazine editor, put it the next day when asked to describe her speech: “Shoot ’em, bomb ’em, **** ’em. They will kill your children.”

Ahhhhhhhhh, you gotta love South Africans
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Believe it or not, I've had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with Lara Logan multiple times. She's an outstanding journalist, extremely intelligent, a friend of American Servicemen, and absolutely calm under pressure --- not to mention a sight for sore eyes after months away from home.

Here's a video of her under fire embedded with one of our sister units in Afghanistan:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4a5_1322098667

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Smart, hot, and honest ... that's a pretty good combination in anybody's book.

After reading the story about the Taliban targeting a 14-year-old girl and shooting her on her way home from school because she had the audacity to want an education (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/11/wo...anted=all&_r=0), I honestly don't know how this country (or any other) can negotiate a ****ing thing with these people.

I can appreciate the realities of the political and social conditions which exist in Afghanistan, but these types of events (which occur daily) leave me clueless how you can enter into any kind of dialogue with people who don't even share the most basic values.

Yeah, I know, the Fox News and the MSNBC crowd are allegedly from different planets, but they aren't shooting each others' kids in the head on the way home from school.

Feedback Score
    But by the end of her speech, it was obvious that her views are passionate and in some parts unequivocal, in ways that bothered at least some current and former journalists. Said one former reporter and editor in the crowd: “Clearly one tough reporter, but seemingly scarred by all of this. It was totally depressing. Worrying, too. And a call for an amped war on terror.”
    But if someone covering the environment doesn't call for a war on coal they would be seen as an industry hack? Journalists get involved in their 'causes' all the time, but when the subject is forceful reaction to people that want to kill us, that is somehow over a line???
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    And the daily beast pummels her, labeling her as scarred and seeking retribution.

The biggest creep over there is the ulta-vigorous Obama supporter Sullivan. It was fun to read about his implosion here:

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast....tion-away.html

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've always admired her reporting. Now she has a new level of respect in my book. Not to mention that she's smokin' hot! :0

Feedback Score
    Between her rant and the State Dept throwing Barry and Hillary under the bus, I am really looking forward to the next debate(s).
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 10-10-12 at 11:17.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I always thought her past reports were fair and balanced. She is the only shining light at CBS. Her husband is a security contractor, so I can see her alliance to the right. Oh yes, and she is hotter than an AR barrel after two mags dump.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Fair and Balanced reporting does not exist anymore for the most part. I was a journalist and quit because I was NOT ALLOWED to report fair and balanced. Jeeez the stories I could tell
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The idea of neutral reporting is a silly fiction. Opposition media is extremely valuable. I can deal with a bias, but the fiction of neutrality hides that bias from the consumer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast