So I finally gave in and performed a grip reduction on my Kahr CM9 (my every-day carry gun).

I know a lot of you are probably wondering why I did a reduction on such a small handgun. Well... I have embarrassingly small hands. It's almost comical how small they are. Anyway, here was the process...

1.) I started by scoring the inside of the cavity behind the magwell with a wire brush and then filling it with marine epoxy. There were no holes within the cavity to plug (like a glock) so this step was really easy and straightforward.

2.) I waited 24 hours and then took a dremel to the backstrap using a course sander. I then smoothed it out by hand with increasingly smaller grits.

3.) I had planned on using truck-bed liner to retexturize the grip, but decided that would be too messy and went the stippling route.

4.) I used permanent quill ink to dye the visible epoxy. This is proving to be semi permanent, so I'm all ears if anyone has a better method.

It wasn't a drastic reduction, but toning down the hump made a huge difference, and now my carry gun fits my freakishly small hands like a glove. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Here are some pics...