Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any test results on Hornady Critical Duty yet?

Feedback Score

Any test results on Hornady Critical Duty yet?

Hey guys,
    Has Doc or anyone reputable done any testing on the 9mm 135gr Hornady Critical Duty yet? (did a search, all the posts were pretty old)

I found 50 round boxes for a good price and I was thinking of picking some up since I cant find any of my normal load the 124+p GD right now.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyasWolff View Post
    Hey guys,
    Has Doc or anyone reputable done any testing on the 9mm 135gr Hornady Critical Duty yet? (did a search, all the posts were pretty old)

I found 50 round boxes for a good price and I was thinking of picking some up since I cant find any of my normal load the 124+p GD right now.
    Searched for info related to the Hornady "Critical Duty" and found this 2 month old OP with no answers...uh, maybe that's the answer. However, I am interested in learning about any credible info on Critical Duty" Anybody?
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    There are a couple of good YouTube videos posted up by one of the guys who writes for Mouseguns, the general conclusion on the Critical Duty is that it seems to work as advertised, no better or worse than any of the other suggested duty loads.

This is not official or scientific testing, though, based on Doc's basic standards.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hornady publishes some ballistic testing data on their LE website. They have supplied additional data to LE/gov customers on request. These are obviously not independent testing, but they are useful.

http://www.hornadyle.com/products/handgun/
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Hornady publishes some ballistic testing data on their LE website. They have supplied additional data to LE/gov customers on request. These are obviously not independent testing, but they are useful.

http://www.hornadyle.com/products/handgun/
    Thank you Skintop911...I appreciate the link.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    I remember seeing Dick Metcalf on G@A talking w/a rep showing the difference in this to Critical Defense. If it works like it should I have no idea why anyone would buy Critical Def. or why Hornady would keep making it when they have a clear replacement.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If it works like it should I have no idea why anyone would buy Critical Def. or why Hornady would keep making it when they have a clear replacement.
    Lower recoil for the more sensitive shooter.

Keith

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kh86 View Post
    I remember seeing Dick Metcalf on G@A talking w/a rep showing the difference in this to Critical Defense. If it works like it should I have no idea why anyone would buy Critical Def. or why Hornady would keep making it when they have a clear replacement.
    Maybe they have a crap load of old components ?
    Ephesians 6:12

Feedback Score
    Critical Defense is "designed" by Hornady for shooting bad guys "in the open" where no light barrier material (e.g., automotive sheetmetal, windshield glass, sheetrock, etc.) is anticipated. In addition it's designed to be fired from smaller "concealed carry" type handguns. It typically penetrates less than 12".

Critical Duty is specifically designed to be fired from duty sized handguns and pass all eight FBI ammunition tests. Its lead core is harder than Critical Defense and may not perform well when fired from smaller "concealed carry" type pistols.
    Shawn Dodson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    One of the selling points to the Defense loads is a low recoil load that still expands in heavy clothing testing. A worthy goal for a defensive load to have.

One would be hard pressed to get a .380 or .38 non +P snub load to pass the FBI testing in other areas.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast