Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New SIG M400 (lots of mods)

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have not owned a sig, but I have fondled a few. From what I could see, they seemed like a quality product. I have also seen them on sale in the price range of guns like bushmasters and I would definately take the sig over a bushy. That being said, my first AR was a bushy and I put thousands of rounds through it with out any trouble.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PFran42 View Post
    So...If I am shooting these type groups at 25 yards, I just multiply by 4 and that would be a good estimation of what I would do at 100 yards?
    It can be an approximation, but usually a best case scenario instead of a likely result. Distance is less forgiving, and in a non-linear way.
    Last edited by ST911; 10-18-12 at 14:48.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    It can be an approximation, but usually a best case scenario instead of a likely result. Distance is less forgiving, and in a non-linear way.
    Thats what I figured. I think a good goal to start with for 100 yds. will be to land three-shot groups within a 6" circle.

Edit:

Added a UBR with aluminum striker plate today in order to address forward weight bias. Rifle feels more balanced but the ounces are quickly starting to add up and I am not crazy about the look. May try out a SOPMOD tomorrow.

Last edited by PFran42; 10-19-12 at 15:00.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Range report:

Got another 250 PNC 55gr. rds. downrange and had zero issues. My groups are still tightening up. This is either due to the barrel being properly broken in, improvement of my marksmanship skills or a combination of the two.

Just had a baby so it will be a while until I will be able to shoot between 100-300 yrds. but I will update this thread with any further developments.

On a side note, I just completed my first Pelican case foam cut-out for the M400. I read somewhere that SCUBA divers like coating the foam with Plasti-Dip as it guards against moisture and foam damage from equipment going in and out all the time. I gotta say that I love how the PD changes the feel and handling characteristics of the foam. Time will tell if this coating holds up.

Last edited by PFran42; 10-25-12 at 15:50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PFran42 View Post
    Range report:

On a side note, I just completed my first Pelican case foam cut-out for the M400. I read somewhere that SCUBA divers like coating the foam with Plasti-Dip as it guards against moisture and foam damage from equipment going in and out all the time. I gotta say that I love how the PD changes the feel and handling characteristics of the foam. Time will tell if this coating holds up.
    Seriously considering a SIG as the next addition.

Also, extremely interested in your results with the Plasti-Dip.
    none of you have ever truly lived... until you've had to unwillingly grasp the greasy, stank ridden, heaping mounds of adipose from Rosanne's doppelganger... as she ever so gracefully farts and undulates her way over your frightened and disgusted lifeless body, like a mother Elephant Seal trying to un**** herself from a peat bog....~Reagans Rascals

Feedback Score
    Nice weapon. That dust cover is great !

Feedback Score
    hows the plasti-dip holding up thats a pretty neat idea

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage Ape View Post
    Seriously considering a SIG as the next addition.

Also, extremely interested in your results with the Plasti-Dip.
    I placed some thoughts on the PD below. As for the rifle, it continues to perform flawlessly!

Quote Originally Posted by P4Plenty View Post
    Nice weapon. That dust cover is great !
    Thanks! I'm surprised so many people understand what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by jbasas13 View Post
    hows the plasti-dip holding up thats a pretty neat idea
    The Plastidip is performing above my expectations. I still want to get through 4 seasons before officially giving it the thumbs up but for the amount of use the case has seen thus far, I am very pleased.

For a waterproof test, I took the pistol liner out and placed several drops of water on it. It has been sitting on the kitchen counter for a couple of hours with no sign of water making it into the foam. I even pressed the foam down every 30 minutes and still no moisture is making it's way into the foam.

This isn't the greatest picture but basically the water puddle has spread out after having been pressed on multiple times in my attempt to stress the foam.

Last edited by PFran42; 11-10-12 at 13:21.

Feedback Score
    Looks nice I really like that lower. I also want your XPS2.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'd love a Sig AR...however my S&W has been exceptional with thousands of rounds down range

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast