Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New SIG M400 (lots of mods)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ive been really looking at that same case, curious to see how to holds up with plasti dip

^ also curious on weight.

Feedback Score
    Any updates or range reports? My new M400 Enhanced is at my FFL waiting for me to get back home so that I can pick it up.

Feedback Score
    Almost bought an M400 from Walmart back when they were in stock for less than $800. Good looking gun, and your mods have added a lot to it.

The pelican case is new to me though-glad you guys mentioned it. I might have to scoop up one of those bad boys down the road. I especially like all the cut-outs you've made to make it a rifle/pistol combo case. Very nice rig.

Feedback Score

Re: New SIG M400 (lots of mods)

Quote Originally Posted by JS-Maine View Post
    Almost bought an M400 from Walmart back when they were in stock for less than $800. Good looking gun, and your mods have added a lot to it.
    I did and it has been great. Only minor complaint was swapping out the trigger guard. I put a Magpul aluminum guard on today. I don't know if Magpuls roll pin is a little large or if Sigs holes are a bit small or both, it was a very tight fit.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    love the sig build!

Feedback Score
    Good lookin case ya got there... Could be a professional hit-man with that thing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nka727 View Post
    Good lookin case ya got there... Could be a professional hit-man with that thing.
    Thanks! I quickly learned that sort of thing will never happen again. As much as I play with the configurations of various rifles, it is far easier just to have a border piece and a few longer strips to keep things from bashing up against each other.

Fun project but ultimately of little use.

Feedback Score

I called sig today

That said, if anyone can provide missing pieces of the Mil-Spec puzzle as it pertains to the M400 platform, I would greatly appreciate it! As mentioned earlier, I too appreciate the thought that went into the design of the lower and it would benefit the M400 (as well as Sig Sauer) to have some of those red bullet points turned back into black ink.[/QUOTE]

I just picked up a second Sig M400 because I love my 1st one so much.
    I called Sig today and asked about barrel steel. This is what inwas told: The newer barrels (October 2014 - current, approx.) are now 4140 'chrome moly' with Nitride treatment. Mine was manufactured in March 2013 and is phosphated outside, chrome lined inside, and is 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium. Personally, I'd rather have the nitride treatment. Even if the barrel steel IS 4140 "chrome moly". That QPQ Black Nitride is the sh*t!!! I also asked about their 'enhanced BCG' but got nowhere as far as C158/MPI/HPT/ShotPeened etc. I've already ordered an H buffer and a BCM bolt carrier group (theyre just amazing). So i have a practically new "enhanced, chrome lined, Sig BCG' for sale if anyone's interested. It's C.L'd. Also C.L'd. inside the carrier key... gas key staking is excellent. $60. I know this is an older post, but in case you were still wondering about barrel specs, here ya go. Keep in mind this is just what a C.S. Rep told me about the barrels. I also read in another thread that the Sig M400 and Sig 516 share the same barrel and apparently on the German Sig webpage, it states that the 516 barrels are CHF, so who knows, maybe the barrels dating from October 2014 and earlier are actually 4150 CMV and CHF *high hopes* and time will tell.. I wish Sig would just be ALOT more descriptive about the specs on this AR15. Everything in the description on their webpage is so vague. Anyways, GLHF, STAY SAFE. 1440527411065.jpg1440527514473.jpg1440527584586.jpg1440527650319.jpg

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Your post has nothing to do with the Custom Build thread. Please post it in the General Discussion Area.

Quote Originally Posted by jks123 View Post
    That said, if anyone can provide missing pieces of the Mil-Spec puzzle as it pertains to the M400 platform, I would greatly appreciate it! As mentioned earlier, I too appreciate the thought that went into the design of the lower and it would benefit the M400 (as well as Sig Sauer) to have some of those red bullet points turned back into black ink.
    I just picked up a second Sig M400 because I love my 1st one so much.
    I called Sig today and asked about barrel steel. This is what inwas told: The newer barrels (October 2014 - current, approx.) are now 4140 'chrome moly' with Nitride treatment. Mine was manufactured in March 2013 and is phosphated outside, chrome lined inside, and is 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium. Personally, I'd rather have the nitride treatment. Even if the barrel steel IS 4140 "chrome moly". That QPQ Black Nitride is the sh*t!!! I also asked about their 'enhanced BCG' but got nowhere as far as C158/MPI/HPT/ShotPeened etc. I've already ordered an H buffer and a BCM bolt carrier group (theyre just amazing). So i have a practically new "enhanced, chrome lined, Sig BCG' for sale if anyone's interested. It's C.L'd. Also C.L'd. inside the carrier key... gas key staking is excellent. $60. I know this is an older post, but in case you were still wondering about barrel specs, here ya go. Keep in mind this is just what a C.S. Rep told me about the barrels. I also read in another thread that the Sig M400 and Sig 516 share the same barrel and apparently on the German Sig webpage, it states that the 516 barrels are CHF, so who knows, maybe the barrels dating from October 2014 and earlier are actually 4150 CMV and CHF *high hopes* and time will tell.. I wish Sig would just be ALOT more descriptive about the specs on this AR15. Everything in the description on their webpage is so vague. Anyways, GLHF, STAY SAFE. 1440527411065.jpg1440527514473.jpg1440527584586.jpg1440527650319.jpg[/QUOTE]

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234