Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10,000-20,000 shoulder fired rockets go missing in Libya

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)

10,000-20,000 shoulder fired rockets go missing in Libya

Heard the congressional hearing excerpt on the radio this morning. Nothing on YouTube yet. If one of these brings down a passenger airliner in Europe. This looks to be the smoking gun for the White House deflection/outright lie that the ambassadors, security detail deaths were due to a video.

http://www.examiner.com/article/20-0...-missing-libya

Edit: regular RPGs? The excerpt of Dennis kucinich talking was specifically talking about sams so who knows.
    Last edited by Caeser25; 10-11-12 at 08:57.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    I stayed up until 11 pm last night watching the hearings on CSPAN.

The Congressman asked how many shoulder fired missiles capable of bringing down an airliner were "out there", "on the loose", or whatever term he used.

The witness answered (with what seemed like a pregnant pause to gulp another lung full of air): "Ten to twenty......thousand."

The way the question was answered just made your sphincter pucker in new and chilling ways.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Tens of thousands of MANPADS unaccounted for? Our foreign aid dollars well spent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    It is a cheap Airsoft quality Eotech half ass knockoff- I just had a student with one in a basic class about a month ago and it laid down faster than a cheap hooker

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    03 October 2012

"What is the role of government?" - Jim Lehrer

“The first role of government is to keep Americans safe.” - Barry Obama

"In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    We've known these were in the wind for quite some time now. The second, more heavily fortified clandestine location in Benghazi that was revealed publicly by the DoS in yesterday's hearings was the base of operations for DoS efforts to recover as many of them as possible.

This is a catastrophe waiting to happen.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I hope Romney's people are watching this..Another excellant example of how well Barry has done in the middle east..This would make a interesting topic of discussion during the next debate, seeing how's it's going to be on Foreign Policy...
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Unbelievable.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    10-20,000 sure is a vague number and WTF is a "shoulder-to-air" missile? Since Libya is a former military weapons client of the Soviet Union, and the author of the article is an idiot when it comes to math and Soviet-era weapons we can surmise that Kimberly is either talking about SA-7 Grails or RPGs. From the math, I think she is most likely talking about RPGs, as they are easier to stockpile in quantity, as apposed to the Grail, which is quite the opposite. Shoulder-fired SAM's require regular upkeep. This is why none of those Stingers given to the mujahideen have ever been used; the propellant, seeker-head coolant, and batteries have long ago died, turned to goo, or lost their effectiveness. Any SA-7s sold to Libya during the Soviet Era would be in the same boat without regular depot level maintenance to keep them operational. Do you think the Libyans were capable of performing depot level maintenance on a SA-7? I doubt their military could keep a toaster running based on the capability of their air force. Not to mention that just 10,000 SA-7's would fill a container ship and cost half a billions dollars (low-balling it at $50,000 per unit at 10,000 units) shows the article is just a bit on the factually deficient side. I'm pretty sure Kimberly didn't do any fact checking with Jane's ("Jane, who's Jane?") before she whipped up this fine piece of "journalism".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kmrtnsn View Post
    10-20,000 sure is a vague number and WTF is a "shoulder-to-air" missile? Since Libya is a former military weapons client of the Soviet Union, and the author of the article is an idiot when it comes to math and Soviet-era weapons we can surmise that Kimberly is either talking about SA-7 Grails or RPGs. From the math, I think she is most likely talking about RPGs, as they are easier to stockpile in quantity, as apposed to the Grail, which is quite the opposite. Shoulder-fired SAM's require regular upkeep. This is why none of those Stingers given to the mujahideen have ever been used; the propellant, seeker-head coolant, and batteries have long ago died, turned to goo, or lost their effectiveness. Any SA-7s sold to Libya during the Soviet Era would be in the same boat without regular depot level maintenance to keep them operational. Do you think the Libyans were capable of performing depot level maintenance on a SA-7? I doubt their military could keep a toaster running based on the capability of their air force. Not to mention that just 10,000 SA-7's would fill a container ship and cost half a billions dollars (low-balling it at $50,000 per unit at 10,000 units) shows the article is just a bit on the factually deficient side. I'm pretty sure Kimberly didn't do any fact checking with Jane's ("Jane, who's Jane?") before she whipped up this fine piece of "journalism".
    I agree with this assessment. My only concern would be if Putin or China was selling more updated systems to Libya just prior to the revolution. It would only take a few dozen to create real problems.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast