Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VP Debate?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Denali View Post
    One other thing, Biden destroyed any likeability he may once have enjoyed, with all the snickering, sneering, and condescension, I've never seen anything like it before, he really just descended into the gutter, however, the mental defectives of the lefty base, likely had orgasms everytime he behaved so boorishly....
    His mannerisms will be a problem for the vagina voters - women hate crass behavior.

I think that Krauthammer put it rather succinctly: if you read the transcript, then it was a draw; if you heard it on the radio, then Biden won; if you watched it on TV, Ryan won.

CNN's viewers give a slight edge to Ryan in this poll: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...n-48-biden-44/

This may get worse for Biden as it gets replayed tomorrow.
    Last edited by Sensei; 10-11-12 at 23:04.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    From my POV, which isn't the average lowest common denominator "independent" out there, Ryan thought throwing facts out there would win and Biden thought being a jackass would win.

Before I got further I did actually have a watch out, and at one point I counted 3 moderator interruptions in LESS THAN A MINUTE to Ryan while she allowed Biden to interrupt constantly. I don't want to sound like a GOP mouth piece but what the **** was up with that bitch? She allows Biden to go his full two minutes, asks Ryan a question, and before he has half a sentence out she is hammering him with another question, gets a half sentence out, and she's asking another question.

Ryan was debating BOTH her and Biden the entire night. The moderator is there to enforce the rules...which SHE said was 2 minutes. Maybe a couple times she allowed Ryan to get a full rebuttal in...but that was far from the norm.

And I'm not really a Romney/Ryan fan in the first place. Given a minute to speak Ryan CAN make sense, and deliver shit. Seemed like it was a tag team effort between the moderator and Biden to cut Ryan off from exactly what he is best at. It was like a boxing match where the ref throws in a few jabs all by themselves, and I DON'T ****ING KNOW WHY REPUBLICANS TRY TO TAKE THE HIGH ROAD, AND AGREE TO A DEBATE WHERE OBAMA WENT TO THIS BITCH'S WEDDING. Like I've said a thousand times here it seem's like Democrats are so much better at politics. While the first debate the moderator saved Obama a few times this debate was 2 on 1.

That said I don't know why Republican's can't speak in clear basic terms, and bring up clear basic shit. How hard is it to say Obama's economic recovery plan was the Stimulus, and since then we've been in like a stand still where Obama's own jobs plan was so bad it never saw day light in the Senate where Democrat's have control, and why can't Ryan ask how long the American people expect 1.5 trillion dollar yearly deficits to go on? Why can't republican's do a cut and reform of military spending ALONG with our social programs? It turns voters off with the harsh "no military cuts" while they want to eventually cut things like SS and Medicare. Why is the military budget immune from reform?

Then the abortion thing. Ugh. REPUBLICANS SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT NON STARTERS. Ryan should have said **** abortion, the SCOTUS ruled on it, and at this point in time its on the back burner when we have the same amount of people working at the early 80's yet have 10's of millions more people. More people with a budget that is set to spend more in 8 years than even Bush 2 and every other president combined and he has more to say about abortion than that? ****!

Really...how hard is to say...abortion is an important issue but right now there are a lot more important things, and our first priority is creating a new pro business environment in America which means lowering the corporate tax rate, which is the highest in the western world, incentives for putting Americans back to work, and we can save social issues for another day.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Before I got further I did actually have a watch out, and at one point I counted 3 moderator interruptions in LESS THAN A MINUTE to Ryan while she allowed Biden to interrupt constantly. I don't want to sound like a GOP mouth piece but what the **** was up with that bitch? She allows Biden to go his full two minutes, asks Ryan a question, and before he has half a sentence out she is hammering him with another question, gets a half sentence out, and she's asking another question
    The pre-debate concern regarding her bias was proven to be well founded, very well founded!

Feedback Score
    Since Joe knows what it means to be middle class because of his up bringing in Scranton, does that mean that Obama has not any understanding of the middle class since he lived overseas? The only time he played with a dog is when he moved it around his plate with a fork to make it look like he ate it?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    The pre-debate concern regarding her bias was proven to be well founded, very well founded!
    Ditto

IMHO anyone invited to obamas wedding should not have been allowed to be a moderator !!!!

I think the issue is some folks like myself also look at character and a smart ass drunk acting VP is not who I want in that position

sadly Ryan was not given courtesy at all

next debate I think will be setup so obama looks well ? could be wrong but I think the fix might be in but again will wait and see ?

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)

The instant I saw Obama attended her "first" wedding I knew it would go exactly as it did. I don't know Republicans election after election agree to a debate line up full of lefty moderators. The last one gets partially paid with tax dollars, and it turns into a week of Big Bird commercials. Now this debate is with a cunt who has Obama at her wedding. Maybe the next one should be moderated by Vallerie Jarret. Just like one of the CNN post debate talking heads said 'God forbid Romney/Ryan get elected' and they also had Van Jones on there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Really...how hard is to say...abortion is an important issue but right now there are a lot more important things, and our first priority is creating a new pro business environment in America which means lowering the corporate tax rate, which is the highest in the western world, incentives for putting Americans back to work, and we can save social issues for another day.
    I seem to recall Ryan stating a position on abortion, but clarifying that bigger fish needed frying in terms of policy. Romney also stated today that he would not propose any new laws to overturn Roe v Wade.

Like it or not, abortion has a ton of single issue voters on both sides of the equation (probably more so than the 2nd Amendment). Thus, I expect that it will get at least some vetting. Personally, I think that you are giving the issue far more attention than its influence on the debate.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I seem to recall Ryan stating a position on abortion, but clarifying that bigger fish needed frying in terms of policy. Romney also stated today that he would not propose any new laws to overturn Roe v Wade.

Like it or not, abortion has a ton of single issue voters on both sides of the equation (probably more so than the 2nd Amendment). Thus, I expect that it will get at least some vetting. Personally, I think that you are giving the issue far more attention than its influence on the debate.

I don't think what they said was enough given the new found "war on women". Ryan went into far too much detail with calling his first born "bean" and made it into an emotional argument like "how could you abort 'bean'"?
    Last edited by Belmont31R; 10-11-12 at 23:46.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Listen to the Howard Stern interviews of people on the street and you will see that we are doomed.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Listen to the Howard Stern interviews of people on the street and you will see that we are doomed.

Plenty of off the street interviews. People, in general, are ****ing stupid, and we are gearing society towards the lowest common denominator. Just like all these elections fall on convincing the most dumb enough of us for whom the last 4 years, and the last election are still not enough to convince them to vote one away or another. In essence our country is ran by the 10% of the voting public who are too stupid to have been able to form an opinion on the last election or the last 4 years of record unemployment and 1.5 trillion dollar deficits. Gotta love it! America...where the more stupid you are the more important your vote is.

Hows a single 1 and 1/2 hour debate between what will be the 2nd most powerful man in the world accomplish anything? A basic Toy Story movie is longer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast