Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Colt M16A1 (653)

Feedback Score
    I had to come back for another look!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    I had to come back for another look!!!
    Again. The carbine just tickles me I love it!!!

Feedback Score
    13 (93%)
    The Colt M16A1 model 653 is a beautiful little Rifle. A lot of folks don't realize it, but the model 653 is what Tom Berenger (Staff Sgt. Barnes) carries in the movie Platoon. It's not a period correct model as I believe it was first introduced in the late 70's, early 80's but plays the part just the same.

Feedback Score
    Yea there's a reason Hollywood is synonymous with words like bogus, deceptive, false and misleading

This gun rocks! one lucky owner

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    ooooh, a happy switch on a historic rifle. Nice!!!!

Feedback Score

Need Skintop911 Expertise

Skintop911

I have purchased what has been represented to me as a pristine, unfired, full auto, factory Colt M16A1 carbine circa 1979 or 1980. From the photos I have and your post here, I believe it is a Model 653. The weapon is currently on a Form 3 in Missouri. It will be here at my Class III dealer here in Georgia in 8 weeks. The seller has agreed to allow me 72 hours to examine the weapon once it arrives at my Class III dealer prior to starting the Form 4 process to transfer the weapon to me. I have need of your services to evaluate the firearm for authenticity as well as operational soundness. How may I contact you in private so that we may discuss?

Lawdawg97

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to post pics, its a shame this family of weapons has been restricted from us.
    I agree. This gun looks brand new!

Quote Originally Posted by lawdawg97 View Post
    Skintop911

I have purchased what has been represented to me as a pristine, unfired, full auto, factory Colt M16A1 carbine circa 1979 or 1980. From the photos I have and your post here, I believe it is a Model 653. The weapon is currently on a Form 3 in Missouri. It will be here at my Class III dealer here in Georgia in 8 weeks. The seller has agreed to allow me 72 hours to examine the weapon once it arrives at my Class III dealer prior to starting the Form 4 process to transfer the weapon to me. I have need of your services to evaluate the firearm for authenticity as well as operational soundness. How may I contact you in private so that we may discuss?

Lawdawg97
    To Send him a PM private message click on his name and several options will appear. You should be able to email or PM easily that way.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 01-05-13 at 22:32.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I agree. This gun looks brand new!

To Send him a PM private message click on his name and several options will appear. You should be able to email or PM easily that way.
    yes i see now thank you

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Awesome! I want one...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice carbine.

Just a note, have them replace the buffer with a new one......those buffers with the golden colored end bumper and the really nice golden green color anodizing are from the early 1970's, which matches the C MP B barrel code.

That is an original carbine 14.5 incher since the taper is still there at the flash hider point.........also nice factory paint dabs on the bolt hold open roll pin and stake points at the collapsible stock nut........Colt's old hand on the CAR15 series, Dick Welch would be proud.

Keep the buffer since it is correct with that rifle, but if the owner should ever want to snap some caps downrange - they would like a newer buffer.

Great original condition Carbine..........makes me want my old M16A1 carbine......great shooters.......
    Last edited by SpartanDCI; 01-25-13 at 12:11.
    Your Helmet Will Not Protect You If You Are a Dumb Ass!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast