Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Costa Catalyst Extended Mag Release Arrived...

Feedback Score
    On another thread, they are reported as not showing on Costa Ludus Gear site. Not in the market, so just relaying what others have posted. Appears to be so, if in fact they were formerly listed there. Link below.

http://www.costaludusgear.com/

Feedback Score
    Any other options for an extended Mag release for the M&P line? Be curious to see a few...

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    ......and 21st Century GF's site is down so can't get one there either. Checked Brownells and nothing. Really want to try one of these.

As far as another manufacturer of an extended release I don't know of anyone.

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    ive been wanting one of these! but not in stock still

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    very soon guy...they'll be done
    Doug Holloway
    ATEi

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    been looking to get one as well.

an extended release on my G19 made it so much more user friendly, I hope it does the same on this guy.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So do these things still exist? I've read a lot about them being discontinued. Would like one to mess with - any news????

Thanks!
    A2 Stippling - Filling your M&P stippling needs.
    ------
    OIF 2, OIF 8-10, OND1 - I dig burn pits

Feedback Score
    Yeah I would like to pick one of these up also
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    NRA Certified Instructor-Mile High Defensive Firearms Training
    /l , [____],
    l----L -OlllllllO-
    ()_) ()_)------)_)
    paracordwraps

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I purchased the new MOD1 from 21st Century Gunfighter. Purchased it on 02JAN14 and received it 10JAN14. It is different than the original version - which is no longer sold. I will keep my comments limited and professional, but I received one today and will not keep/use it. The new one is stippled (just an FYI)…stippling feels really good.

I installed it in a M&Pc 9mm and my full-sized M&P 9mm --- I am a southpaw so I installed it on the "off-side". Worked in the full-sized gun - did not work in the compact gun. It would not completely seat the magazine, this caused many malfunctions in loading a magazine - they simply fell out. I've asked to return it - it cost $34.95 delivered.

The top portion (the part you push) looks more narrow than an OEM mag release, it is longer (of course), and the area where the magazine well spring rests is a different shape…slightly. I think that is the issue, just doesn't hold the wire correctly. This may be an issue with the one I received…so please do not take this as a jab to an awesome company. [Only with the compact M&P].

***When installed for right-handed shooters in the "normal" configuration, this device worked for both guns.
    Last edited by streakpi; 01-23-14 at 18:34. Reason: Updated my facts
    A2 Stippling - Filling your M&P stippling needs.
    ------
    OIF 2, OIF 8-10, OND1 - I dig burn pits

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by streakpi View Post
    I purchased the new MOD1 from 21st Century Gunfighter. Purchased it on 02JAN14 and received it 10JAN14. It is different than the original version - which is no longer sold. I will keep my comments limited and professional, but I received one today and will not keep/use it. The new one is stippled (just an FYI)…stippling feels really good.

I installed it in a M&Pc 9mm and a fullsized M&P 9mm. It did not work in my guns. It would not completely seat in the magazine well, this caused 8/10 malfunctions in loading a magazine - they simply fell out. I've asked to return it - it cost $34.95 delivered.

The top portion (the part you push) looks more narrow than an OEM mag release, it is longer (of course), and the area where the magazine well spring rests is a different shape…slightly. I think that is the issue, just doesn't hold the wire correctly. This may be an issue with the one I received…so please do not take this as a jab to an awesome company.

I did not try to modify it, didn't sand it, did not go to a range and work with it. I was sufficiently turned off when it would not stick right in the magazine well. I will stick with the $2.36 magazine release from S&W.
    That's not good to here. I ordered a new one on Thursday and it's set to arrive tomorrow. I'll report back with my experience after I get mine installed. Hopefully yours is an isolated incident.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast