Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone here had a SCAR17 ruin your optic?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    They won't hurt an ACOG, but they're hard on electronics.
    I've read that as well, but I haven't seen any first hand accounts of it happening. Have you broken any electronics or optics on a SCAR? Do you have a link to reports of someone who has?

Not trying to be a dick about it, I just want to chase this down and find someone who has had it happen.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    The issue definitely exists in military guns, and not with BS optics. I have yet to see a report from the non-Mil side. I have no idea why.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    From what I understand the EOTech XPS/EXPS is the only series the military deemed able to handle it regularly.

Feedback Score
    My groups opened up more than enough to notice and (over time and 1,900 rounds) I saw a 1 MOA change in the elevation setting with my standard surplus load. (Zero Stop went from -1.5 to -2.5 MOA.)

I switched out the LT-104 to a ADM Delta mount and those issues appear to have been no BS fixed. Optic is a NF with no indications of any problems - now at 2,400+ rounds on the SCAR 17.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLJ94104 View Post
    From what I understand the EOTech XPS/EXPS is the only series the military deemed able to handle it regularly.
    I assume you mean within the EoTech line, because if you don't, I highly disagree.

Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    The issue definitely exists in military guns, and not with BS optics. I have yet to see a report from the non-Mil side. I have no idea why.

Maybe it's because of full-auto usage?
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Maybe it's because of full-auto usage?
    I would guess that most civilian shooters can't afford to dump large enough amounts of 7.62 to see any meaningful trends emerge. Military shooters have unlimited ammunition and the benefit of full auto.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a little over 3k through mine now, with a T1 in larue mount. So far so good, despite the rail slots being a little dinged up. This is despite pushing it up and keeping the lever tight.

What anti gun people need to understand about gun control: It's like peeing in your pants on a cold night in Ranger School. It feels pretty good at first, but it is certainly not a solution to anything.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LtNovakUSA View Post
    I have a little over 3k through mine now, with a T1 in larue mount. So far so good, despite the rail slots being a little dinged up. This is despite pushing it up and keeping the lever tight.
    I wonder if a strip or three of Teflon tape would help take up the slack on the rail slots.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    They eat EoThingys like popcorn.
    Seen too many EoTechs fail on 556 cal ARs to blame those failures on the SCAR.

I think the suspicion is is that the SCAR's heavy* bolt carrier is knocking stuff loose inside the failing optics.

H

*1lb, 2oz.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast