Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remington 870 Express Tactical HD build

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    And my physical therapist just cleared me to shoot it. Hell yeah!!!!!!!! I'll shoot it this weekend and give a report.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Replaced the carrier dog spring with OEM part # F16966 and it made a really nice improvement to the feeding action of the weapon. Feels much better. I see why Remington did this to the 870P.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Where did you end up ordering that part from? I'm trying to avoid paying $10 in UPS fees for a tiny part. I need a few for an express that's mostly up to 870p standards and as a spare
    “The practical success of an idea, irrespective of its inherent merit, is dependent on the attitude of the contemporaries." Nikola Tesla

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Brownells has a $5.95 shipping option that always gives tracking info and has been pretty fast for me.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLJ94104 View Post
    I knew I needed a stronger magazine spring, and I settled on the Wolff extra power 6&7 shot magazine spring. SKU was 32712 for those interested. I didn't know if this would make me lose a round or not because of its extra length. There was no information on modifying this firearm I could find. Once installed it could still fit 6 (2 3/4 slug) rounds in the magazine tube, but BARELY! The spring power is MUCH stronger and thus improved the loading of the weapon greatly.
    Quote Originally Posted by CLJ94104 View Post
    Another thing I don't know if I mentioned, the magazine spring that came with the gun BARELY stuck out of the extended magazine tube. The Wolff spring is much longer. I am actually quite shocked they didn't put in an extra power spring from the factory.
    Be careful that you don't have too much spring. The Wolff springs are "trim to fit". You can take off a few coils if it's too strong.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How does that magpul stock and fore end feel compared to the original synthetic furniture? It looks good but I haven't tried it myself.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by deviljon View Post
    How does that magpul stock and fore end feel compared to the original synthetic furniture? It looks good but I haven't tried it myself.
    The Magpul stock is a great addition. Feels like it is of a better quality material, but the biggest different for me is the ergonomic position it keeps your arm in. The OEM synthetic furniture was just uncomfortable for me. Also the forend is a nice touch as well. The integral hand stops feel really nice. The fit of both are top notch.

Feedback Score
    I bought the exact same 870 yesterday.

Since I have rather short arms, the first thing I noticed was the length of pull is just a bit to long for me to comfortably shoulder the weapon...so right off the bat...I'm looking at getting the Magpul furniture (mainly the stock) due to it being shim adjustable. Yeah I'll get the forearm as well as I already have a couple of the small rail sections to fit my TLR-1, and I figure that's probably more cost effective than having to buy some overpriced mount. Mesa side saddle...then I'm calling it good.

Its been awhile since I've blasted a shotgun; it'll be fun to feel some recoil for a change.

Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?
    Last edited by JohnnyNumbers; 11-16-12 at 21:31.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12