Thread: sxs

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

sxs

I just bought an sxs 20" 12 gauge - I'm cutting it to 18.5 and taking 2" off the stock. Any coach gun love out there?

Feedback Score
    put me in the 'like Coach Guns" column.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you're just going to hack it at 18" and clean it up, go for it. But if you're going to try and thread for chokes I wouldn't bother. I'd also get every bit of that 2" you're allowed and not stop right at 18.5" if you don't have to.

I'd love to get a shorty coach gun if I could find one cheap enough to hack up. Although I don't know enough about them to really know what I want (ejector vs spring extractor, double triggers vs selector, etc).

Feedback Score
    I'd love to get a shorty coach gun if I could find one cheap enough to hack up. Although I don't know enough about them to really know what I want (ejector vs spring extractor, double triggers vs selector, etc).[/QUOTE]

I like cylinder bore with double triggers.
    #4 buck in one tube, slug in the other.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Ok - pulled the trigger on a baikal 12 guage sxs coach. Reviews said they were lighter , more steam line, and robust in regards to longevity vs. the stoeger the stoeger has a 3" chamber but still the baikal has more pros. Price $270 shpiped.

Called the smith at bass pro shop ( I worked with his dad and brother) .
    He will cut it to 18.1" and take 3" off the stock and add a 1/2" pad.
    price $80

I'll also darken the stock.

It should be right past my elbow when holding it like a pistol, and great for clearing the home.

I look at it this way most pistols are for fighting your way to your rifle. But a coach is to buy you time to pistol or rifle!
    Last edited by tw4; 11-17-12 at 10:50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tw4 View Post
    Ok - pulled the trigger on a baikal 12 guage sxs coach. Reviews said they were lighter , more steam line, and robust in regards to longevity vs. the stoeger the stoeger has a 3" chamber but still the baikal has more pros. Price $270 shpiped.

Called the smith at bass pro shop ( I worked with his dad and brother) .
    He will cut it to 18.1" and take 3" off the stock and add a 1/2" pad.
    price $80

I'll also darken the stock.

It should be right past my elbow when holding it like a pistol, and great for clearing the home.

I look at it this way most pistols are for fighting your way to your rifle. But a coach is to buy you time to pistol or rifle!
    Extractors not ejectors right?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yeah- guy say they hit u in face. And are the first to break - I will also
    Have the smith ream the chamber- those cow poke speed shooter don't use them.