Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: faxon firearms?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think the concept has merit. It is an M16 upper designed from the ground up to use a traditional long stroke gas piston, as opposed to engineering a (short or long stroke) gas piston into the traditional M16 upper, where the carrier rides in a tubular reciever thus introducing carrier tilt issues which must be addressed. This is the answer to the folks who state that gas piston rifles should be designed from the ground up to use gas pistons.

Does the M16 series "need" this upgrade? No, I don't believe it does. It is an interesting piece of kit nonetheless and I look forward to following its development/production in further detail.

It is a viable concept, but the devil is in the details. Whether this is a viable addition to the Stoner series remains to be seen.

I own a transferable Colt M16 and can say unequivocally that I will buy one of these uppers with a short barrel IF they prove to be reliable, use appropriate materials (ie barrel and bolt steel, etc), and if it will run in auto without permanent alteration/modification of my fullauto lower. In my estimation the market for these lies in guys like me with transferable fullauto lowers who would love to have a transferable "next generation" assault rifle (in the true meaning of the term...ie select fire intermediate cartridge rifle).

This upper allows for M16 ergos with an upper designed around a long stroke gas piston operating system. Frankly I don't see what's not to like about it conceptually. Design execution will ultimately result in its commercial success or failure.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    Its no different than any other piston gun not based on the AR-15. AK, SCAR, FAL, etc you name it.
    Uh, what?

Apparently what I said went right over your head....

Oh, well...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Notice the Knights Armament SCAR submission, which essentially looks to be a SIG 552 operating system in a monolithic upper with a lower adapted from that of an AR15.

It is not exactly the same as the Faxon, but the Faxon appears to be have conceptual similarities.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=84439

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Notice the Knights Armament SCAR submission, which essentially looks to be a SIG 552 operating system in a monolithic upper with a lower adapted from that of an AR15.

It is not exactly the same as the Faxon, but the Faxon appears to be have conceptual similarities.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=84439
    Looks like a solution in search of a problem to me! Those silly Knight's Armament people...

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    Looks like a solution in search of a problem to me! Those silly Knight's Armament people...

If that thing was so great, why didn't KAC bring it to market...?

Yep, I think it is a dumb idea, regardless who puts their name on the side, though, if KAC were to put something like that on the market, I would be a little more confident that it would actually function. Even so, whether it functions or not, it is still lacking in several areas...

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSierra View Post
    This upper has one really big problem that I can see, right off...

How are you gonna get a decent sight picture with irons? With a chin weld?

This is yet another problem, looking for a solution.
    Just a guess, but it probably uses micro-height sights instead of the taller AR15 sights. Something like these Troys, maybe.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Yep, I think it is a dumb idea, regardless who puts their name on the side, though, if KAC were to put something like that on the market, I would be a little more confident that it would actually function. Even so, whether it functions or not, it is still lacking in several areas...
    I am guessing they did not bring it to market because it did not win the SCAR competition.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Faxon firearm

It looks like a hybred between an AK47 and a AR-180.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

What the heck? How does bringing something to the market confer legitimacy upon it? Knight's hasn't brought their PDW to the market, but plenty have had good things to say about it.

I don't deny that it is lacking in several areas, but I think it's a step in the right direction... if you're going to put an op-rod driven system on an AR lower receiver, this seems to me to bring the most advantages. The HK416 is still king.

Feedback Score
    Pfft... I dunno about y'all, but I'm putting an order in for a 300blk...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast