Thread: My first AR build/assembly is up and running

Feedback Score

My first AR build/assembly is up and running

Went out and got the upper today, swapped handguards, tossed the mbus on, and went straight to the range on the way home.

Ate up a 100ct bulk pack of Federal and a box of Federal Tracers without a single issue.

I think a Vortex Strikefire will be next. For what I will use this for, I decided against my original plan of an Aimpoint of Eotech - the cost difference will be better used for more ammo

Build list:

Spikes stripped lower
    Spikes buffer assembly w/ T2 buffer
    Spikes Midlength upper
    PSA LPK w/ MOE accessories
    Magpul Hand Guard
    Magpul STR stock
    Magpul MBUS rear sight
    Magpul 30-round PMags

As it sits on the table: $924 without shipping/tax/transfer

While I could have damn near purchased this as is, I wanted to put my first lower together myself and in doing so was able to use some parts I actually wanted instead of what would have come "stock" if purchased whole.

I am aware of all the Spikes "issues". To me, I don't care about logos, what their owner did around elections or even the shennanigans with another manufacturers - maybe that will come in time for me. New to the AR world, I knew their stuff was at least of good quality for MY use and was within my budget.

Thanks for looking, I'm just a happy/proud new owner

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Looks good. Glad your happy. I have some Spikes stuff to. Never had any problems.

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Nice simple build. I like it.

Feedback Score
    Very nice and clean. I have learned that there are certain things that you have to have concerning reliability.

I have done three spikes assemblies. They have been really good. I might not have been so excited had I know about the gouging issues during the election, but I don't regret purchasing them.