Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New guy with first AR build. Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    Take a class or two, get a quality RDS, and shoot the crap out if it.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Echoing everyone else here.

Congrats on a good solid build. Your choice quality of your components should serve you for a long time.

Keep it simple and shoot it before hanging the world off of it.

Light is right!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Echoing everyone else here.

Congrats on a good solid build. Your choice quality of your components should serve you for a long time.

Keep it simple and shoot it before hanging the world off of it.

Light is right!
    Thank you.

I plan on firing a few hundred or so rounds before adding anything thing else.

Right now I am looking at an Aimpoint optic but that is much further down the road.

Feedback Score
    Nice rifle Sagara! You won't go wrong at M4c leaning heavily on DD and BCM. Actually, you won't go wrong period leaning heavily on DD and BCM. There's not much love for Spike's here, but if the lower's in spec (and it sounds like it is), I'd be happy with it.

I've fallen out of love with rails. I like the sturdiness of a fixed front sight, and with Magpul MOE handguards I can mount all the crap I want to, pretty cheaply, and pretty securely. (I think free floating the barrel is an advantage, but a marginal one.)

Enjoy shooting the crap out of it!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Why do you need the rail?

Buy a light and red dot.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The RIS is not needed. It is just something I want to do. I like having options. Hence getting rid of a PTR-91 and going with an AR15. Not to mention cost of ammunition.

I am not a fan of laser sights and lights. At this point, I want to focus on weapon manipulation. Thus I am looking at various compensators. But the A2 will work for now.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

You're on the right track.

Get comfortable with it and good with it, then add RDS if needed.

Grab a bore guide and a 1 piece coated or brass cleaning rod and take care of it.

Spend your money on mags, ammo, and a good class (Several on the training section come to mind)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If you plan on the rifle playing a defensive role, then a white light is mandatory.
    If it is destined to be a range toy, get whatever is clever.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the DVDs that came with the upper. The one by Travis Haley and the other by Pat Robertson. I have watched them both and will watch them a few more times.

I have a 941 for home defense. Not ideal for a cc weapon but its reliable. I also need to get my shotgun back from my dad sometime. If all else fails, I have an m91/30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagara09 View Post
    ... If all else fails, I have an m91/30.
    A wee bit overkill unless you live on a farm and your nearest neighbor is a mile away.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast