Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New guy with first AR build. Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Only has a last resort. But I don't think I would ever need it unless I needed something for hunting my own food. That's a worst case scenario though. Hopefully, I won't ever need a rifle for self defense.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagara09 View Post
    I have the DVDs that came with the upper. The one by Travis Haley and the other by Pat Robertson.
    He he! Umm, Pat Rogers, I think. (The idea of Pat Robertson with an M4 is, umm, disconcerting.)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Again View Post
    He he! Umm, Pat Rogers, I think. (The idea of Pat Robertson with an M4 is, umm, disconcerting.)
    HAHA! I couldnt remember his last name when I typed this up last night. Twas at work. I may get to go shooting sometime this week. I am ecstatic about being able to put a few rounds down range.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagara09 View Post
    Only has a last resort. But I don't think I would ever need it unless I needed something for hunting my own food. That's a worst case scenario though. Hopefully, I won't ever need a rifle for self defense.
    In case you haven't seen it, Mosin-Nagant humor:

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinHumor.htm
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think I am going to do a few more upgrades.... I went ahead and bought a DD Omega 7.
    Last edited by Sagara09; 11-08-12 at 02:18.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Again View Post
    You will donate to the 700 Club or else!

Great build you got there. 2 things though. Bring the BUIS all the way back on the rail. It will help in aiming.

The next thing, and this is very minor. It is in regards to the DD hammer. If you ever plan on using a .22 conversion kit your going to have to replace the hammer as they use a notched hammer and not a rounded one. Not a problem if you don't care about .22 abilities. Personally I have not gotten a .22 upper/conversion kit yet myself, but it is something to keep in mind.

Otherwise really nice weapon.

Also, it is funny, Spikes is the devil here. I've noticed it for years (happened first time the anointed one was elected.), but personally I love Spikes. They are local (well same state), provide top of the line stuff at a great price (well until recently, now they seem to have raised prices BUT a lot could be due to the economy/parts availability/inflation another thread in another section), and quite frankly have offered very interesting stuff very few others are doing. My last build ended up all Spikes because they just offer what I wanted in that build, the only exception being I didn't get the hammer forged barrel I intended on getting because I just got a great deal on an upper at a gun show I couldn't pass up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks! I am dying to fire a few rounds. Perhaps this weekend.

Feedback Score
    looks good and good choice on your parts

Feedback Score
    I think a railed forearm is an freaking waste, especially non floated & you aren't gonna attach anything to it. You basically paid money to add some weight and make your grip less comfortable.

Should have saved for an optic and light and spent every extra dime on ammo and mags

I liked the first picture
    Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans and must be that of every free state. - T. Jefferson

EVERYCITIZENASOLDIER.org

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by currahee View Post
    I think a railed forearm is an freaking waste, especially non floated & you aren't gonna attach anything to it. You basically paid money to add some weight and make your grip less comfortable.

Should have saved for an optic and light and spent every extra dime on ammo and mags

I liked the first picture
    It actually feels more comfortable than the standard. It also weighs a very minute amount less. The DD Omega 7 is a free float as well. Plus I never said I was finished did I? So essentially I did the exact opposite of what you are saying it does. I applaud your reading skills.

Money is NOT an issue. Just me wanting to save it is. I am doubling up on bills so hopefully I can get a project car finished or buy a third. Being young and single helps out a lot!
    Last edited by Sagara09; 11-10-12 at 14:50.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast