Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions on new M4 type AR

Feedback Score
    Start with quality, get the Colt. It's THE standard. kwg

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Might as well get used to these kinds of threads because they just going to keep popping up until election Panic is over.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    First let me say that I don't know who your gunsmith is, but from my experience most of them know next to NOTHING about how to properly assemble an AR. They know ABSOLUTELY nothing about where quality parts come from or what actually makes a part quality.

Second, when you buy a "parts gun" the re-sale of it is about zero and you will have to part it out (assuming you know the name brand of each part). So there is little to no trade value for this weapon.

Third, if there is a problem with the gun, who is going to fix it? The gun store that built it and is either no longer in business or the gunsmith that no longer works there?

With Colt AR's selling for around $1k, BCM's for under $1k I cannot imagine why anyone would buy what you described.

C4
    This seems logical.

Feedback Score
    For all of the reasons already stated, get the Colt! The fact that it is as close as possible to what you used in the military is huge. You know what youre getting with the colt, who knows what kind of mess you will end up with from someone else's idea of a quality custom build?

Feedback Score
    get the Colt from Walmart like was suggested above.

But then, when you decide you want a second or a third or tenth... Buy stripped lowers and build your own. Just make sure you educate yourself on where to get good Mil Spec parts

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've assembled about a half dozen lowers and all of them are still running great to include three I SBRd (using three different manufacturers). The oldest have had more than 20,000-rounds shot through it and another has had more than 10,000-rounds (all documented). As long as you use a good quality receiver and good quality parts, it will last.

But I would never recommend assembling an upper receiver group, In all my builds I have used quality upper assemblies from BCM, LMT or LWRC. But in the end you end up spending more than if you purchased a complete Colt 6920 carbine yourself.

Personally, I only did the assembly myself because I like assembling things. My next SBR (I'm considering a 6.8 SPC) will be factory built and transferred via ATF Form 4.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Might as well get used to these kinds of threads because they just going to keep popping up until election Panic is over.

Then doesnt end of the world panic kick in? Mods better bust out your carpal tunnel braces.

OP good advice here, good luck in your choice.
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

"BRD, much like the Wutang clan, is nothing to f@ck with"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sig M400??

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Too many unknowns on the Sig 400. Not any unknowns on the Colt at very little more money.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sseeya2001 View Post
    I went to my local gun store today, and inquired about getting a ar-15 m4 type carbine. ..........I used M4's in the Army for the last ten years, just got out of the service this month. I really want a M4 type rifle, as I have a lot of goodies already for it. I would love to hear your opinions on this set up and /or suggestions. I also have a Springfield M1A, my long distance shooter, and a Norinco Mak 91 for fun. Thanks in advance.
    If you want an M4, get one. This is the rollmark on my LE6920, purchased this summer.

Other than the semi-auto FCG and the street-legal barrel length, it is an M4.
    Colt SP6920, LE6920, 6720
    BCM Lower/ARP 6.8SPC upper for hog hunting
    DD M4V5 clone, Troy 5.56 Carbine, S&W M&P10
    PSA Lower/BCM LW 16" middie CHF upper
    PSA Lower/BCM LW 14.5" middie upper
    2 PSA 18"6.8 rifles, PSA 20" M16A4 clone
    Remington 870, Remington 700VTR
    SA XDm9, XDm9C, , XD9SC S&W 1911
    Ruger GP100, Hawkeye77 Compact 6.8SPC
    Kel-Tec KSG, Marlin 336 30-30, HK 45C, VP9
    Sig 1911 Tacops, Scorpion 1911, M11A1, P226 Mk25

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast