Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x (BTR-2 Reticle/FFP)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Review: Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x (BTR-2 Reticle/FFP)

Bushnell was kind enough to send me one of their 1-6.5x24 "Elite Tactical" scopes to "T&E" with their BTR-2 reticle with a FFP (First Focal Plane) model #ET1624J.

I am going to use this thread to add my findings over the next month while I have it for testing.

To put a bit of context on my experience with magnified optics, I have been running a Trijicon TR24G 1-4x for the past 3+ years on my patrol/duty carbine. That has been my only (extended) experience with a quality magnified optic. I have run my TR24G Triji at multiple monthly club and LE matches. I have also run it at the NPRC (National Patrol Rifle Competition) held up near Detroit, MI. So while I have put my TR24G Triji to good use over the past few years, my experience is very limited with other makes & manufacturers magnified optics.

I'll start it off with a few pics and some initial impressions of the scope....

Packaging:

Mounted on my work carbine in a LaRue Tactical LT-139 SPR-E mount. (My test bed will be my custom built by me, Noveske 16" SS middy work carbine):

Reticle:

Here is my attempt at some indoor reticle cellphone pics. Illumination was set on the #6 brightness setting for theses pics:

1x:

3x:

6.5x:

6.5x (No illumination):

Weight: 18.5oz (compared to 15oz with my Triji TR24G for reference)

Length: 10.50" (Bushnell) vs. 10.25" (Triji TR24G)

The Bushnell feels very well built. It is made in Japan (As is my Triji) so I expect the quality to be excellent.

The only thing that has me slightly concerned is the durability of the adjustable pop-up turrets. They appear to be made of plastic? They are covered turrets of course, but with the Mil/hash reticle I can imagine dialing with this scope isn't something that would be out of the question. Going off of "feel", I think a normal impact to the ground could damage the pop-up turrets if left uncovered. Everything else about this scope feels very solid.

Turrets:

Glass is as good as anything I have ever handled/shot within this class of scope. I have very limited hands-on/shooting experience with the new Vortex 1-6x, the new (yet to be released) Leupold 1-6x and the 1-6x Elcan Specter.

Illumination seems to work perfectly in all lighting conditions I have available to me today. I plan to take it out a couple of times over the next week and take some more outdoor reticle pics for this review.

Standbye over the next few days & weeks for more detailed info as I run the Bushnell through it's paces....

Stay safe,
    Nick
    Last edited by nickdrak; 11-03-12 at 11:47.
    "The future's uncertain, and the end is always near." Jim Morrison

"Fortuitous outcomes reinforce poor training and tactics"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Oh this is great please continue to tell us. I have been looking at the HDMR a lot just cant pull the $$$
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Thanks for doing the review! Looking forward to outdoor daylight pics of the illumination.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    How is the eye box compared to the TR24?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    On 1x I would say the eyebox is as good or better than the TR24G. On 6.5x it gets a little tight but still good.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I decided to do a "real world" battery test. Got a rough zero with it down in my PD range. I turned it on the 31st @ 12:20pm and will leave it set on the #5 setting as a default which is perfect for inside of my house. During my shift (midnights) I typically dial it down to 3 or 4, and during my daytime range sessions I will dial it up to 8 or 9. We shall see how long it runs on one 2032 battery with the various illumination settings I typically would uses day-to-day.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Best reticle I've seen on a 1-X variable yet. They've clearly got somebody who thinks working for them. Thanks for the review; keep it coming.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Indeed. This reticle rules.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    That actually looks really good. Think I'd like to see some thick crosshairs leading to the reticle.
    The optic itself looks a little big, but sometimes that's the price of doing business. What's the weight of the unit with mount?

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Does the scope feature zero stops on the adjustments?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast