Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x (BTR-2 Reticle/FFP)

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Looking forward to hearing more on this.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Does the scope feature zero stops on the adjustments?
    Nope.
    "The future's uncertain, and the end is always near." Jim Morrison

"Fortuitous outcomes reinforce poor training and tactics"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    That actually looks really good. Think I'd like to see some thick crosshairs leading to the reticle.
    The optic itself looks a little big, but sometimes that's the price of doing business. What's the weight of the unit with mount?

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.
    Jack,

With the LT-139 it weighs 26.2oz.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I really want to see some daylight illumination pics. I suspect as typical with FFP scopes, the 1x illumination will be stronger on the SFP flavor of the scope.

The reticle has a lot of utility, but not really very useful on anything except 6x, which is kind of typical with low power variable scopes.

Here is a decent video review of the SFP version and the review even does some shooting at the end and compares split times running the same equipment with an Eotech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZI2ahPC40A

Another of couple...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...how-bout-both/

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...mm-riflescope/

I'm looking at this and the VX6 still. I don't really need a ranging capability, and if I was doing anything that I need to compensate drop for, I could dial it, pretty easily if I got a matched CDS dial. I'm also thinking the very strong illuminated red dot will help on the low end. Hmmm.

The one VERY intresting thing about the Bushnell is that if you buy it and hate it, Bushnell will buy it back from you at what you paid for it. That's pretty strong.
    Last edited by bp7178; 11-03-12 at 13:46.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    So far it seems that my findings with the FFP version illumination will be similar to the other reviews you linked to.

Dialed up to 6.5x the illumination seems to be more than sufficient. On 1x though the illumination is barely useable outdoor under direct sunlight. I will have some daytime/range pics up on Tues. Im going to try and run the VTAC 1/2 & 1/2 drill with the Bushnell Elite on 1x vs Eotech EXPS 2-0. I'll try to post up a video showing the results.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    I really want to see some daylight illumination pics. I suspect as typical with FFP scopes, the 1x illumination will be stronger on the SFP flavor of the scope.

The reticle has a lot of utility, but not really very useful on anything except 6x, which is kind of typical with low power variable scopes.
    I might actually be interested in this optic in SPF.
    The reticle seems a bit small at 1x in FFP.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    In reading some of the reviews, the BTR-1 reticle is unique in that it provides some ranging capabilities utilizing a man's shoulders as a reference, where as the BTR-2 is a BDC only reticle.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I might actually be interested in this optic in SPF.
    The reticle seems a bit small at 1x in FFP.
    I couldn't agree more. FFP reticles are near worthless on the low end in this power range. The idea is nice, that the horseshoe collapses to nearly a 4-5moa dot, but when you figure in the illumination problems with FFP reticles, it doesn't play out in reality.

On something like a 3-9x or 5-25x or even a 2.5-10x I can see the value in a FFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    In reading some of the reviews, the BTR-1 reticle is unique in that it provides some ranging capabilities utilizing a man's shoulders as a reference, where as the BTR-2 is a BDC only reticle.
    Problem being that if you are shooting people, and most never will, living targets don't stand square to the shooter and still so you can range their shoulders. Its easier to range fixed objects near the target. This can be accomplised with the BTR2, which isn't a BDC, but is calibrated in mils.
    Last edited by bp7178; 11-03-12 at 17:19.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just worked this up in MS Paint. It's based off Bushnell's G2DMR with a few modifications.

I think this would do nicely in a SFP or DFP 1-6/8/10X optic. Perhaps it would be better (and probably necessary, actually) to get rid of the .1 MIL marks on the outside.

Your thoughts?

Last edited by a0cake; 11-03-12 at 18:05.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I like how the cross hairs are extended all the way to the center. I'm not the biggest fan of floating dot reticles for precision shooting, but its not a deal breaker.

The .1 mil has marks are fine for the ends, provided you could make them out at 6x.

I would open the bottom of the larger circle, to kind of a horseshoe, to make it easier if you come down on the target and to give a visual reference to make sure the rifle isn't canted if you can only see the illuminated part.

How would you illuminate it? Painted etched reticle, holographic, LED or fiber?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast