Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x (BTR-2 Reticle/FFP)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Review update

Daytime Illumination pics...

Dialing it in on the 100yd range:

These outdoor reticle pics were taken @ approximately 3:30pm with the sun setting rapidly. Illumination was on the highest (9) setting:

*The following pics were taken on the 200yd range

Outdoor 6.5x:

Outdoor 3x:

Outdoor 1x:

The range session was kinda brief. I dialed it in with some match ammo (Hornady Superformance Match 5.56 75gr BTHP). My barrel seems to really like this stuff. I shot a couple of sub MOA groups (.55"-
    .70") with it.

We were only able to run the CSAT (Paul Howe) Rifle Standards. The reticle was pretty easy to pick up during all of the distances we shot during the standards but I definately wish the illumination were brighter.

As you can see in the pics, the reticle is barely visible on the highest illumination setting even during an overcast day like today.

Wish the other reviews that were posted up here were available earlier as I would have likely asked for a SFP (2nd focal plane) version.

I'll post some more info tomorrow. Gotta get ready to go see "Skyfall" with the wife!
    Last edited by nickdrak; 11-10-12 at 12:34.
    "The future's uncertain, and the end is always near." Jim Morrison

"Fortuitous outcomes reinforce poor training and tactics"

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Duplicate link........
    Last edited by Singlestack Wonder; 11-11-12 at 09:12.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    That was the video review I linked to earlier in this thread. The illumination of the SFP looks slightly better on 1x, but its not what I would call strong by any stretch.

Your illumination photos remind me of my Leupold Mark 4 1.5-5x with the CMR2 reticle. Turned all the way up, the reticle almost looks like a piece of candy. It just has this weird almost glossy look to it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The reticle illumination is superb indoors. Kind of the antithesis of of my TR24G (Superb outdoors, not so much indoors).

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I was handling a LED ACOG at a LGS and was amazed by the illumination in it. On max its bright to the point that its uncomfortable to look at like an Eotech or Aimpoint turned way up.

In a more typical scope design I think the best thing going is the flashdot/firedot type. Just a bright vivid dot. It would be nice if there was a scope by which you had that bright focused dot, then standard reticle illumination for low light. S&B was suppose to have something similar on the Short Dot 1-8x.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Deleted.......
    Last edited by Singlestack Wonder; 11-11-12 at 09:16.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    UPDATE:

My unscientific test says that the battery life is approximately one week (Maybe 8-9 days max) when left on the #5 illumination position.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    At 1x, how forgiving is the eyebox (side to side) compared to the TR24?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Rather than start a new thread, I'll add to this one and try not to duplicate what was mentioned above.

After weeks of waiting for SWFA, Vortex or even Leupy (with the generous mil discount) in the 1x6 flavors, I couldn't wait any longer and got the Bushy scope.

This is just a first impression and don't have range time with it yet.

I got the second focal plane model so the reticule is the same size throughout the mag range. I also got the BDC instead of the mil hash.

The glass is clear and bright- about the same brightness/clarity of an ACOG. I don't have time behind SB or Swar to compare to them. The turret caps are metal and the turrets themselves are the push-pull type to engage for adjustment. Clicks are nice and precise enough. Not as much as others I've used but better than my Leupy.

Reticules are a subjective thing to folks and everyone seems to have a different preference. I love this one for it's purpose. The horseshoe is just the right size at 1x (why I went with sfp) and nice and bright. On max illumination, it is not Eotech bright, but certainly enough to be effective in bright light. I like that in between each illum level, it has an "off". This is nice to just have one click between off and favorite setting without having to dial all the way up and down. There are two night vision levels as well.

Eye relief is generous throughout the range and both eyes open scanning on 1x and 1.5x is easy and natural.

In all, while I don't like having the name "Bushnell" on my rifles, this is a very competent optic, competitive in price point, quality, features and options and deserves very serious consideration for the buyer. I am truly pleasantly surprised by the level of quality in this unit from Bushnell.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Thanks for the update!

How generous is the eyebox going side to side?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast