Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Review: Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x (BTR-2 Reticle/FFP)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Bumping this up again, because this is one of the scopes I'm looking at, as well as the Vortex Gen II, and the SWFA 1-6. Any updates or comparisons between these various optics (or recommendations for something else in the sub $1500 range are appreciated. Application will be a 16" 5.56 general purpose carbine, for multi-gun and self defense.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    I had the swfa and didn't really like it. Kinda heavy, not daylight bright, felt like I had tunnel vision when looking through it.

If you can afford, 11150-1250 and don't mind the weight, get the vortex.

If you want budget 6x, grab the bushnell on eBay for $699.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I've had the SFP 1-6.5 for a few years now. I like it more then the Vortex. I like The BTR-2 reticle better. I consider the reticle plenty daylight bright. Have never had an issue in any lighting condition. I picked up another from Mile High for 639 bucks recently. Call them. They had a lot of them. Website has them over 1k but they were selling on gunbroker for 639.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 04-06-16 at 18:32.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    The vortex with the Mil reticle is a better choice. I own both and while the BTR-2 is a way better reticle, the Razor is much brighter.

If you can find them, you can snag a 1-8.5X Bushy FFP BTR2 for around $1k. Much better optic, better turrets, better glass and more elevation range.

My SFP Bushy 1-6.5 BTR's were all bought between $300-550. I wouldn't pay more than that for one. TA33 is a better value or save up for the Razor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    I've had the SFP 1-6.5 for a few years now. I like it more then the Vortex. I like The BTR-2 reticle better. I consider the reticle plenty daylight bright. Have never had an issue in any lighting condition. I picked up another from Mile High for 639 bucks recently. Call them. They had a lot of them. Website has them over 1k but they were selling on gunbroker for 639.
    The Bushy SFP (and FFP) 1-6.5 is not anywhere near daylight bright, unless daytime is at the north pole when its always dark half the year.

It is fine at dusk but get any real sunlight near it and it washes out. Not that big of a deal, but its not RDS bright like the vortex or Kahles.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus Pilum View Post
    The Bushy SFP (and FFP) 1-6.5 is not anywhere near daylight bright, unless daytime is at the north pole when its always dark half the year.

It is fine at dusk but get any real sunlight near it and it washes out. Not that big of a deal, but its not RDS bright like the vortex or Kahles.
    The Bushy FFP is unusable and does not work at 1x in sun. Period. SFP, though, is 100% usable, visible, and completely functional in 100 percent sun. The way the BTR-2 is, it doesn't have to bloom like an aimpoint. It's not an RDS. Have you ever had a issue with the BTR-2 in complete sunlight? I sure never had, in the many years I have used it. Just picked it up right now out of the safe and looked outside in complete sun. Perfect. And as I have said many times before, I still don't see any use for a FFP in a 1-6 optic.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 04-08-16 at 09:51.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    I currently own 2 BTR-2 SFP's and owned a FFP that was sold becuase like you said, it was unusable on 1x as the illumination sucks.

I don't even consider them illuminated. The illumination is so weak, its only real benefit is low light. I shoot with them on SR15's and Scar's all the time and even on brightest setting, is washed out in even overcast conditions outside. A stronger Illumination ( with better turrets and eyebox) would make the 1-6.5 BTR2 one of the best LPV's on the market, especially at that price.

FFP is absolutely usefull in a LPV, IF you have a good reticle and good illumination. It's not as important as a more magnified optic but it keeps the optic from being a 1x/6x instead of a 1-6x. DFP is really the way to go with these types of optics as you wouldn't be able to see the .mil markings on 1x anyway.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Are the 1-8.5 brighter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Here is a pic. of illumination at "9" on 1x at 10:22am in Southern Arizona. It is currently overcast.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by imaguy3 View Post
    Here is a pic. of illumination at "9" on 1x at 10:22am in Southern Arizona. It is currently overcast.

Exactly. Can barley tell its on except for a redder shade of black than strait black.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast