Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Accuracy of Noveske Stainless Steel Barrel vs Chromed Barrel

Feedback Score

Accuracy of Noveske Stainless Steel Barrel vs Chromed Barrel

I am torn between the longevity of the Noveske chrome lined barrel and the accuracy of the stainless steel barrel. The Noveske site recommends the stainless for accuracy and the chromed barrel for longevity.
    I'd appreciate any input on real world accuracy from actual users of the two types of barrels.
    TIA
    Last edited by samnev; 11-01-12 at 10:24. Reason: miss spelling

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    You'll probably realize some improved accuracy with the SS barrel. If accuracy is important to you, I'd go White Oak Armament. SS barrels hold up fine.

I run Chrome lined for most everything because I'm not running good enough optics to need an accurate barrel.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I am wondering if the improvement in accuracy is substantial enough to go with the stainless barrel.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samnev View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I am wondering if the improvement in accuracy is substantial enough to go with the stainless barrel.
    I've not found this to be the case in the hanful of SS barrels I've shot by the maker in question.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

Noveske Monolithic N4 vs Non Monolithic N4

I forgot to ask the above question. I like the monolithic N4 over the non monolithic because the rail is shorter and seem more compact . Any preferences by end users of either model?
    Thanks

Feedback Score

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I've not found this to be the case in the hanful of SS barrels I've shot by the maker in question.
    Thanks for your input markm.

PS, I've decided to go with the Noveske over the LWRC.

Feedback Score
    If it helps I recently checked into the same issue and was advised by Noveske CS that their chrome lined barrels average 1 moa while SS barrels average .5 moa. Went with the CL.
    Pain is temporary, Victory is Forever

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samnev View Post
    I forgot to ask the above question. I like the monolithic N4 over the non monolithic because the rail is shorter and seem more compact . Any preferences by end users of either model?
    Thanks
    I'm guessing you mean the Vltor VIS mono upper/rail?

The length of the rail really has nothing to do with it being monolithic or not. Monolithic has the advantage due to the continuous rail and is (supposedly) stronger than using a barrel nut attached rail.
    Last edited by Ironman8; 11-01-12 at 11:49.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OnPoint View Post
    If it helps I recently checked into the same issue and was advised by Noveske CS that their chrome lined barrels average 1 moa while SS barrels average .5 moa. Went with the CL.
    This is totally dependent on the ammunition.

I loaded up some Barnes TSX for hunting, and am getting about an average of 1.1" 5-shot group in my 16" Noveske SS barrel. If I took the best 4 from yesterday's group, I would be at .64". This is also with a stock GI trigger, so if I ever get around to putting a Geissele in, I'm sure I could be sub-moa with that load. I need to see what kind of groups I can get out of this same ammo in my Noveske 14.5" CL barrel...

With SMK's or Noslers, I expect to be closer to half MOA.

Also, I'm sure that I could tweak a little more consistency (= accuracy) out of my reloading process, which would help some as well.

Feedback Score

Noveske Monolithic N4 vs Non Monolithic N4

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    I'm guessing you mean the Vltor VIS mono upper/rail?

The length of the rail really has nothing to do with it being monolithic or not. Monolithic is the advantage due to the continuous rail and is (supposedly) stronger than using a barrel nut attached rail.
    Yes I understand that. It seems that the N4 Afghan with the Vltor VIS 9" monolithic upper is the one I am asking about. The other upper offered on 3 other N4's is the Forged Vltor MUR upper receiver featuring an anti-rotation interface with the hand guard which appear to have much longer rails.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast