Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BAD-CASS 45 degree short throw: need dremel advice

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I know the rule of thumb is to cut the cheaper piece, and for a very good reason. But is the slot that would need to be cut in the lower so the safety would fit, too difficult or risky to make? Or simply unnecessary?
    There is NO reason to chop up your lower, just about any cutting or grinding bit, or file will solve the issue on the lever itself.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    There is NO reason to chop up your lower, just about any cutting or grinding bit, or file will solve the issue on the lever itself.
    It is so complicated.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I ground the nub off of mine with a Dremel and a small, cheap grinding stone that came with an old cheapo Dremel rip-off I bought several years ago. IIRC it took less than a minute and it was done.

OP note that if you haven't already bought the lower, the ones from Rainier are notched for the 45° safeties.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...roduct_id=2124
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    i used a flat jewelers file, then a round one

when it looks close, see if it will drop into the lower; if not keep going and checking

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I did it.

I bought a cheap cordless dremel. I used the disc shaped grinding stone. I was extremely careful and got it done just right. I then used a polisher for good measure.

I should have taken a picture because it looked great.

I used some blue thread locker on each screw.

After function testing it worked great.

I cant imagine not having a BAD CASS on any future lowers.

It looks and feels great.

Special thanks to Roger from BAD who helped explain the dovetail feature and the recommended switch lengths.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    lol

The lawyer pin isn't for folks in this forum, its intended purpose is almost complete lost for well trained, and safety conscious shooters.

That said, I did modify one of my lowers to allow the pin to go through, and I know folks that have done it too, as they're planning on having a new FIRE or pictogram engraved at 68 degrees. If you modify the receiver, I'm pretty sure the manufacturer will not do warranty work on it. We're pretty easy to work with, as anyone that's had interactions with us can tell you. By this I don't mean to imply anything, especially when it comes to the removal of the pin, only that though the lawyer pin's removal voids the warranty on the selector, it's true only of the selector center, everything else is still covered under our life time, unconditional warranty, and we will still provide support for it.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Battle Arms' customer service is top notch and Duffy is the man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12