Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HD with Dogs

Feedback Score

HD with Dogs

I was cruising with my babies and I was thinking. Everyone wants to hunker down in the bedroom and call 911. A solid move but my dogs split their time between the couches and our bedroom floor. So they have free reign at night. If someone attempts to break in they're gonna go berserk. I'm not leaving them to get hurt. My dogs are my children. Realistically I will move to engage the threat g19 and surefire e2dl in hand.

Food for thought.

Feedback Score
    We have 3 GSD's . One of which would let you right in, maybe bark. One that has had zero protection training, but has good solid drive, press her and it won't be good. The 3rd is trained for protection, super high drive. Your methed out of your mind if you getting by him.

All that said, dogs are awesome in HD. Just know the animal. Mine or our babies too, but defense work is stress on the dog. If it hasn't been trained to see a threat as prey, and given the opportunity to develope the confidence, he might bark and that's about it. But maybe barking is enough ?

Feedback Score
    I imagine mine would just stand there and bark until the subject made an aggressive move. My cattle dog won't even let my wife and I play fight. That's why I wouldn't leave them out an expect them to prevail. They're gonna need some lead based back up.

Feedback Score
    My beagle's only going to be good at waking me up, which is good enough for me.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I would teach my dogs the command "come".
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Double
    Last edited by Hmac; 10-30-12 at 14:26.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    We have three Golden Retrievers. If we have a home invasion by the UPS guy or anybody else driving a big brown truck, he's toast. Anybody else, we might be in trouble.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I refuse to debate any subject with a man who grabs a pistol to fight with on his home field.

Ridiculous.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    What if the other option was an LWRCi gun in 6.8?
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'd grab a fly swatter over anything LWRCi makes...
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast