Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 eyes open

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

2 eyes open

do u shoot 2 eyes open with a magnifier behind your rds or do u shoot one eye. i know u shoot 2 eyes open with eotech/aimpoint but wondering do u still do that when the magnifier is in place

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You'll more likely get a response to your query if you take the time to type a coherent sentence, using real words.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kmrtnsn View Post
    You'll more likely get a response to your query if you take the time to type a coherent sentence, using real words.
    Wow! I didn't realize this was english class. I'll try to limit the shorthand. Oh yea if you didn't want to respond to the question you should've just not posted at all.

Feedback Score
    Always shoot with both eyes open. Took a long time to learn to just keep the eyes open but it is far more effective.

Feedback Score
    I believe both eyes open is best. That said, I can't shoot with both eyes open. I'm a righty but left eye dominant. I've started wearing a patch on my left eye around the house to see if I can train my right eye to be dominant.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Cross dominance is a non issue. I'm some form of it. People make it into more than it is.

I use both eyes open for pistol, irons, dots, acogs etc etc etc.

You should use both eyes open. You cut your FOV off by closing one eye, you also will notice your eye start to twitch after a long period of keeping it shut.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Cantrell View Post
    I believe both eyes open is best. That said, I can't shoot with both eyes open. I'm a righty but left eye dominant. I've started wearing a patch on my left eye around the house to see if I can train my right eye to be dominant.
    Dustin:

I'm a righty but left eye dominant as well. Fortunately the dominance is fairly mild. I can shoot left handed with irons to distance. I can shoot right handed with irons out to 100-150 yards. With a red dot, I'm just as good/equally bad left handed or right handed.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Since you decided to blow off the advice from a senior member, I'll pass it on. If you don't want to type coherent sentence that make us believe you're not some kid in the basement, then don't post the question.

Quote Originally Posted by gbolt903 View Post
    Wow! I didn't realize this was english class. I'll try to limit the shorthand. Oh yea if you didn't want to respond to the question you should've just not posted at all.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbolt903 View Post
    Wow! I didn't realize this was english class. I'll try to limit the shorthand.
    Please do. We're not a bunch of kids who want to read current texting shorthand for English.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I am unable to directly answer the original poster's question, as I do not use a magnifier with a red dot collimating optic. However, I do shoot with both eyes open when using my Leupold VX-R 1.25-4. With the scope dialed down (1.25x) there is either no problem with both eyes open, or a very de minimis problem. When the scope is dialed up to 4x, there is somewhat more of an issue, but I still do it. The advantages of greater peripheral awareness outweigh the slight cognitive dissonance of reconciling 4x for one eye and 1x for the other.

OP, this isn't English class, but clarity of language enhances clarity of thought, which enhances clarity of training.

I've found that adjusting myself to M4c works a lot better than adjusting M4c to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast