Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Cantrell View Post
How do you shoot both eyes open with a rifle when you're cross dominant? I have a dot of scotch tape on the left lens of my shooting glasses. It helps make my right eye take over dominance but its tough to keep the dot in the right spot or balance big enough to transfer dominance and small enough to keep a good FOV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackknight
Cross dominance is a non issue. I'm some form of it. People make it into more than it is.
Apparently your condition is very mild. Cross dominance is a serious issue for me with a rifle. If you don't have the problem it would be near impossible to emulate.

Irons are impossible for me
RDS is typically a double cylinder with no dot showing.
Have tried with inexpensive and high end RDS mounted high, low, on receiver. I expect I will be able to use a RDS mounted forward on the rail. That still leaves shooting weak right eye only when shooting right handed with irons.

Shooting left handed is no problem at all with both eyes open. In fact shooting a rifle left handed feels surprisingly natural.

But to say eye dominance is a non issue when you don't even know what it's like is simply wrong. It is an issue. It is mentally frustrating. It is physically fatiguing because the non-dominant eye is usually weak and eye strain comes into play. The whole situation is a PITA.

Of all the things that can be an issue with shooting. Eye sight is probably top of the list.

OK here goes. I'm right handed. I shoot both pistol and rifle, with any type of sights with my right hand/shoulder.

With rifle I sight in right eye for right shoulder, but with pistol, I sight in with my left eye. I don't what this means to you guys. My preference with with pistol in left eye. You also see other x-dom guys like Larry who have a slight blade, but I'm more squared and the pistol literally only moves over the distance between my eyes.

I'm not sure it would help you guys any, but I'll could take some downrange footage to show rifle/pistol transition, which I'll be working on anyway on friday.

Sorry I was dumb. I should have said"my x-dom is a non issue".