Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2 eyes open

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Both eyes open, from pistol sites all they up to 10x power on my Night force.

One of my first optics was a 4x ACOG, this is where I really made the switch from one eye open to both. At this point my eyes/muscles are trained such that it is weird difficult to shoot one closed.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliomorris View Post
    It depends on the power of the optics, I can shoot with both eyes open up to a 5x but afetr that I have to close my left eye.

Just a note, if you're going to critique someone else's grammar you might want to check your own.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    It is a cheap Airsoft quality Eotech half ass knockoff- I just had a student with one in a basic class about a month ago and it laid down faster than a cheap hooker

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Please do. We're not a bunch of kids who want to read current texting shorthand for English.
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullworks View Post
    Over the past year or so I started having problems shooting handguns with both eyes open (will hit low and to the left, but as soon as I close my "non-dominant" left eye the hits are be back on target) whereas I can still shoot a RDS-equipped rifle with both eyes open without any POI shift. It's taken all the fun out of shooting handguns though.
    I'm not an expert, but I am cross-eye dominant, and I've found the following to be helpful:

1) Presentation is key. You want to present the firearm where the sights are aligned for your dominant eye.

Try this, close your non-dominant eye, present the firearm, now open your eye.

When you have a good presentation, repeat x1000.

Sometimes my eyes will still go wonky. This is mostly if I have to hold on target for an extended period. In this case, I might close my non-dominant eye, or re-present (reset).

2) Maybe this is part of #1, but I think it is worth a distinct point. Good "press-out" form, properly aligned with your dominant eye helps indexing.

3) I've painted the irons on my handgun. Front day glow yellow, rears day glow orange. I tried it the other way around, but the yellow is brighter to my eyes, and you want the front sight to stand out most.

I find this really helps indexing since your eyes follow the brighter dot to the target, and seeing double with dot sights is really a pita since the dots look the same and you just get a "dot cloud". :-/

4) Combat sized irons are easier than small ones. My primary (HK P2000SK) has generous sized sights and combined with the paint, really pop out. On the other hand, the small sights on my Walther PPQs are much more challenging with my eyes.

The combination of these techniques have really helped me. Of course, YMMV.

-john

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234