Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Comp M4 w/ Larue Med. mount + 3x magnifier w/ LaRue QD Pivot Mount

Feedback Score

Aimpoint Comp M4 w/ Larue Med. mount + 3x magnifier w/ LaRue QD Pivot Mount

Hello everyone,
    I'm thinking of getting one of the combo deals on Larue's site. The Comp M4 on a Medium Larue mount plus the 3x magnifier on a LaRue Tactical QD Pivot Mount LT649.
    Now, the reason I'm going for the Medium Comp M4 mount is I want absolute co-witness of my sights and the standard mount seems too "massive" in my eyes, at least based on pics I've seen on the net.
    So, will I still be able to use the 3x magnifier on the Larue QD pivot mount or will both optics not line up correctly? Thanks.

A

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    LaRue Tactical 30 mm Pivot Mount QD for picatinny rails with center line of 1.725" QD LT649

I think you will find that this will work with the high mount only, putting the co-witness in the lower third of the optic.

Not that bad, really.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The 3x magnifier will not line up with the Comp M4 in the medium mount. I suggest you try this....

Call up LaRue and talk to Mark. Tell him your dilemma. Then order the Comp M4 with the high mount along with the 3x flip mount. Try it out to see how it works for you. If it doesnt work for you, call Mark again. I am confident he will take care of you.

Feedback Score
    They might not line up but neither does the standard M4 mount and the pivot magnifier mount that I currently use. They don't line up but they work together just fine.
    The man on top of the mountain didn't fall there.

Feedback Score
    Why the medium height mount ?? I'd go with the LT Cantilever and the Lt Pivot mount. They run tandem perfectly with each other. So does the LT "HIGH" mount.

I've also found that when I use the EOtech 512 with the LaRue ECOS 110 mount that the Aimpoint mag mount (Statis not pivot) mounts directly the rear of the LaRue ECOS 110 mount. Even with the "HIGH" mag mount, it still works with the EOtech even though it's a bit over the top the EOtech. I'm guessing the bottom half of the magnifier is picking up the dot image and providing enough magnification to work proficiently without having to purchase the "LOW" magnifier mount. Which I may do, but it works with the "HIGH" magnifier just fine when mounted on LaRue ECOS mount behind the Aimpoint M3.

Just my experience.

Feedback Score
    Here's a visual, that should help.

The red line is the optic’s dead-center (roughly), and the grey line represents the iron sights. As you can see, the LT-659 puts the irons in the lower-third, so they do not clutter your field of view, until needed.

Relationship to the Pivot Mount (LT-649)

LT-659: Lower 1/3 cowitness. Aligns perfectly with a LT-649-mounted 3x multiplier
    LT-659-NV: Aligns with USGI Aimpoint and night-vision mounts, it is .19” too low for our LT-649
    LT-659-HK: for HK 416, and piston uppers, it is .33” too low for the LT-649

Hope this helped...

Fingar

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys for the input. And great pic mfingar. Really helps me see what my project AR will look like.

Anyway, I decided to go with an Aimpoint ML3 on a Larue mount. I'm also getting a LMT MRP upper with a 10.5 inch barrel so I guess I don't need the 3x, yet. Although the Comp M4 is the latest and greatest from Aimpoint, when paired with the Larue mount just seems a bit too massive for a 10.5 inch barreled AR. But thats just me.

Thanks again guys.

A

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Aimpoint change

I read some place that Aimpoint is going to relocate the battery compartment to that it's lower more towards the base mount. Personally, I think it's a great idea. I look forward to trying the new model.

Feedback Score
    AllanRR,
    If you were looking for the best optic for an M4/MK18 SBR then the Micro T-1 in a LaRue Tall Riser is the one, IMHO. See attached photo.

StreetSurvial,
    Look for Aimpoint to introduce the CompM4 model with the battery box in the 5 0'clock position in the very near future. Attached is a photo with it setting in Aimpoint's new LRP (Lever Release Picatinny) mount with Cantilever Spacer. This particular optic and mount have gone over 4,000 rounds without loss of zero and that includes hundreds of removals and remountings. Aimpoint CompM4s are the "Gold Standard" of Red Dot Sights with regards to durability, reliability, and battery life.

S/F

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FJB View Post
    AllanRR,
    If you were looking for the best optic for an M4/MK18 SBR then the Micro T-1 in a LaRue Tall Riser is the one, IMHO. See attached photo.

StreetSurvial,
    Look for Aimpoint to introduce the CompM4 model with the battery box in the 5 0'clock position in the very near future. Attached is a photo with it setting in Aimpoint's new LRP (Lever Release Picatinny) mount with Cantilever Spacer. This particular optic and mount have gone over 4,000 rounds without loss of zero and that includes hundreds of removals and remountings. Aimpoint CompM4s are the "Gold Standard" of Red Dot Sights with regards to durability, reliability, and battery life.

S/F
    When's this new M4 coming out? that looks nice.

Cyrus
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum.
    If you want peace, prepare for War.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast