Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Patriot brown upper/lower w/ all a-tacs furniture

21 31.82%
  • a-tacs upper/lower w/ all patriot brown furniture

5 7.58%
  • ALL a-tacs - upper/lower/all furniture

37 56.06%
  • other a-tacs theme (post recommendation)

3 4.55%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW COLOR POLL ! ? ! ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeith View Post
    Kinda what I was leaning towards. Id really like to be able to match the receivers with the dd fde rail but apparently no one knows a good cerakote mixture to achieve it
    Just have some rail covers dipped to match the grip/stock. If you change pattern later you can swap them all.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mask-off or remove the mag release, the selector switch, trigger and BAD lever, the flipper on the rear sight and the post on the front sight and paint the whole thing.

Don't forget to mask off the glass too

Then use the sponge technique to do the camo, I'd do green over tan, with a touch of brown (or darker green) thrown in for the heck of it.

Next time I do mine that's what my plan is.....until then I'll live with this:

Last edited by Gunzilla; 11-12-12 at 22:27.
    Maker of: "The TALON" Pocket Video Camera Mount.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Meeting with a local guy wednesday who does REALLY good cerakote work(warriorcustomz). He is going to work on mixing some cerakote to match the dd fde rail, then then he thinks (and probably can) paint on the atacs camo. So I may just cerakote EVERYTHING the DD FDE. and then paint the rest so I can change it later if I decide.

Feedback Score
    I say all black or Gunzilla's color.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Well it looks like DD FDE it is. They are going to cerakote the upper/lower to match it then going to do the atacs pattern with cerakote by hand on the furniture(or as close to it a possible)
    Last edited by mikeith; 11-14-12 at 19:26.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    ...As far as Cerakote I'd pick a base color like FDE or lighter tan and then rattle can it based on where it will be used. Then you can strip the rattle can without stripping the Cerakote and change the camo scheme.
    This spring I am doing exactly this. I usually just Krylon it, but this way I'll be able to skip the base coat each time I change the color/pattern while having the added protection of Cerakote and maintaining the flexibility of rattle can.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzilla View Post
    That looks good. What paint/coating color did you use?

Feedback Score
    I voted all ATACS. It is shadowy(?) and will break up the outline everywhere.(country, urban, rocky, etc.) Light brown and light gray actually absorbs and reflects the surrounding colors, so if there is a little
    (or a lot) of green or fall foliage the ATACS will still blend in. Breaking up the shape and straight lines is the key.
    Following is Kryloned with a little green and mud brown added for my locale. I had to bring the rifle out of the foliage so you can see it.

Edited post to add picture of other home painted rifle that is more appropriate to M4 carbine.net and is more towards the ATACS colors.

Last edited by uncommon commoner; 11-28-12 at 09:13.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I voted for brown w/ furniture, but want to change my opinion to all A-tacs

Feedback Score

option 1

I like the color combo of option one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast