Thread: TGI AMD-65 first thoughts(pics inside)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

TGI AMD-65 first thoughts(pics inside)

Ok, another poster wanted me to do a review since I stated I was waiting on my new AMD to arrive. First off ill state I have other HD weapons this was more of a range toy. That out of the way, I placed an order through JG sales for a Hungarian AMD-65 last Thursday. It is supposed to be factory new built by FEG, which seems to be a decent company. It arrived at my shop today. I went there with my fingers crossed hoping that a 450 dollar AK variant wouldn't be an epic turd. This is what she looks like right out of the box. (sorry iphone pics, its all I have)

The paint finish is good enough as I plan on repainting it anyways. I think it is ugly but awesome at the same time. First I checked the sights...holy shit no cant. Plus 1 for me. Secondly the receiver is as tight as a gnats ass stretched across a bass drum. Not a hint of flex ANYWHERE. All the rivets are pressed in correctly and the muzzle devise is welded although shitily seems to hold very well.

I opened her up and everything seems new and all matching numbers. Also another win since the factory barrels are chrome lined. Also the ejector seems to be in spec and not deformed it also looks to cut through the bolt correctly. Sorry I couldnt really get a pic of that.

Another concern was the mag well. If I recall correctly these are built on a sa-2000m recievers which are originally single stack and cut to fit double stack mags. Overall I was quite impressed with the cut, it seems to be very well done and no burrs to be found. Also it locks up tight with the provided crapco mag yay. No wiggle at all. Unfortunately I dont have any other mags to test this with as of right now.

The action is nice and smooth and the G2 trigger is light and I have no real complaints. I hand cycled some silver bear soft points and they all fed. Figured this would be a decent test since SP ammo and AK's dont always get along. The wire stock is solid. The button is extremely hard to push in, but Id rather have that than a loose one. Also seen people bitch about not getting a cheek weld with it, all I have to say is that it is more of a jawbone weld and isnt as bad as other have stated. Over all cant wait to test fire this thing. The muzzle break is ridiculous and is supposedly a flame thrower. Here are a few more random pics I took. I add in that future mods will include new grip, rail ,sling and a light, but gotta test fire her first. Also this is my first real review with pics, dont be affraid to flame away I can use the critisism.

Last edited by maddawg5777; 11-06-12 at 19:02.