Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: TGI AMD-65 first thoughts(pics inside)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg5777 View Post
    Al, how well does that flash hider work? Also did you notice any increase in felt recoil or muzzle climb when you got rid of the break. I like the factory break, the fireball is kind of fun. Although I see it as a tactical disadvantage overall. This rifle is more of a fun gun than anything else until it proves its self reliable.(another 300 rounds or so trouble free)
    It works well. With the original brake there was noticable muzzle flash even in broad daylight and that's gone now. With the stock vfg set up I get a good solid grip on the gun so maybe that's why, but I didn't really notice any more recoil/muzzle climb than before.

Feedback Score
    I'm a big fan of the AMD-65. This one has about 8,000 flawless rounds through it. I got it for Christmas in 2010. Silhouette targets out to 400 yards are easy. Mag dumps are fun too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintovka View Post
    I'm a big fan of the AMD-65. This one has about 8,000 flawless rounds through it. I got it for Christmas in 2010. Silhouette targets out to 400 yards are easy. Mag dumps are fun too.

They seem to be the best "value" ak on the market. I was surprised how good of accuracy I could achieve without much of a cheek weld and the narrow sight radius.

Feedback Score
    What are some good options for replacement furniture for the front end? Lower hand guard and gas tube cover.

I wish I had some money right now.
    Die living

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alvincullumyork View Post
    What are some good options for replacement furniture for the front end? Lower hand guard and gas tube cover.

I wish I had some money right now.
    Midwest industries make a nice lower hand guard/rail and they sell a combo gas tube cover that can be set up for multiple optics. Plus it co-witnesses the sights. I think they are running right around 120 bucks atm. There is always utg. Although not really on the quality end and heavy they make a quad rail setup, if you are trying to just replace the hand guards and cover the tube a bit it would work. I think they run around 70 bucks. Also the top rail will not co witness with your irons, just a thought. You can google "utg amd pro", that should pull up the cheaper rail.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My rifle in the previous pics is wearing the Midwest Industries Extended SS Handguard (MI-AK-SS-X) with standard top cover.
    Former LEO (12 years)
    Paramedic
    B-TOMS
    TCCC
    TECC

Feedback Score
    A standard lower handguard fits fine, I have one that looks like it would take just a bit sanding/filing on the front edge and it would drop right in. You can mod (shorten a bit and bell the end back out) a regular AK gas tube to use a standard upper handguard.

Honestly though the stock handguard/foregrip combo works a lot better than you would think from looking at it. At least for me...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg5777 View Post
    There is always utg. Although not really on the quality end and heavy they make a quad rail setup, if you are trying to just replace the hand guards and cover the tube a bit it would work. I think they run around 70 bucks. Also the top rail will not co witness with your irons, just a thought. You can google "utg amd pro", that should pull up the cheaper rail.
    There's just something wack about putting airsoft stuff on real steel... :S
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Holiday View Post
    There's just something wack about putting airsoft stuff on real steel... :S
    I agree but he asked what options were out there, so I gave him one higher end and one lower end. I could have been mean and said use google lol.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You can easily make an AMD length upper HG by cutting a standard gas tube to fit and then heating/ pounding out the flutes.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast