Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TGI AMD-65 first thoughts(pics inside)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg5777 View Post
    I agree but he asked what options were out there, so I gave him one higher end and one lower end. I could have been mean and said use google lol.
    Haha very true, no I wasn't trying to be a douche bag, I just said that as a warning to anyone who might read this thread and see the "UTG can be used for real steel..." Yes it can be used with real steel, but please fork out the extra $30 and get something that was made for shooting, not a BB gun.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Holiday View Post
    Haha very true, no I wasn't trying to be a douche bag, I just said that as a warning to anyone who might read this thread and see the "UTG can be used for real steel..." Yes it can be used with real steel, but please fork out the extra $30 and get something that was made for shooting, not a BB gun.
    Yeah I would never put UTG stuff on any gun. I think it may actually be an unforgivable mortal sin (check with your local priest).

I was thinking about more of a standard ak hand guard. I thought Krebs used to make a set but I can't seem to find them. Another consideration would be to have a set that was made in the US for 922r?
    Die living

Feedback Score
    Ultimak?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Holiday View Post
    Ultimak?
    http://ultimak.com/ACR2Compact.htm
    220 bones for rail.

Feedback Score
    Yup. Start saving your pennies...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintovka View Post
    I'm a big fan of the AMD-65. This one has about 8,000 flawless rounds through it. I got it for Christmas in 2010. Silhouette targets out to 400 yards are easy. Mag dumps are fun too.

Vintovka, have you had to replace anything other than springs in that 8000 rounds? Trying to see what I may need to pick up for spare parts.

Feedback Score
    Vintovka, have you had to replace anything other than springs in that 8000 rounds? Trying to see what I may need to pick up for spare parts.
    Negative. Haven't had to replace anything; not even springs. Two people I shoot with have AMDs as well. The one guy has about 3,500 through his and the other just over 1,000. No issues at all.
    Last edited by Vintovka; 11-17-12 at 14:00. Reason: Added 2 more AMDs

Feedback Score
    Im surprised that the recoil spring hasnt required replacement. How is the tension holding up? I tried looking up the factory Hungarian factory maintenance schedules but everything I found was in Hungarian. Also how does the bolt look after 8k? Your the first person Ive seen with a higher round count through one.
    Last edited by maddawg5777; 11-17-12 at 14:41.

Feedback Score
    Im surprised that the recoil spring hasnt required replacement. How is the tension holding up? I tried looking up the factory Hungarian factory maintenance schedules but everything I found was in Hungarian. Also how does the bolt look after 8k? Your the first person Ive seen with a higher round count through one.
    Recoil spring tension is still very acceptable. I would expect to get at least 5,000 more rounds out of it before replacement might become necessary. The bolt shows some wear. Nothing structural, but the finish is definitely showing its use. I clean the AMD after every 2-3 range trips and after hiking if there was rain or high humidity. Everything still looks pretty good. These are durable weapons, the Hungarians made some of the best AKs.

Let me know if there are any specific pictures you'd like to see.

Feedback Score
    Just to be clear, it's definitely a good idea to have some spare parts ready. My AMD has been great so far, but maybe something will fail tomorrow. You never know. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast