Thread: My first build, advice needed

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

My first build, advice needed

I bought a Aero Precision lower and ACS-L lower kit. So now on to the upper, I'd like a FSP cutout rail. So what do I need to complete this build. What do you guys recommend?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The search button Welcome to the forums.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    Spend 3-4 weeks searching the different quality manufacturers and then pick and choose your parts.

DO NOT SKIMP ON QUALITY! The difference of $50 can be night and day in quality and reliability.

Both of my assemblies were 2 months in the making before I ever clicked the "Checkout" button.

Typically you can not assemble a top quality rifle from parts cheaper than buying one outright, especially the upper. If you are fortunate to catch everything on sale, or from the EE, then you may succeed. Otherwise you are paying more for the satisfaction of DIY.

BCM, PSA, G&R, and more, all have the option to pick and choose to some extent what grip, rail, FCG, bolt, etc. that you want.

When you set your top $ that you are willing to spend, double it. The fluff adds up quick (ammo, sling, RDS, BUIS, mags, light...).

My first assembly was initially set at $1800. I landed near $2700 when it was all said and done. My second one (yet to be posted) came in significantly lower, but I still have to get a scope & mount. There goes another $900 - $1700.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Really liking the Daniel Defense M4V1 upper

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bro KV View Post
    Really liking the Daniel Defense M4V1 upper
    That is a very good choice.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just to help a brother out Bro KV- Read this sticky and adjust your thread accordingly

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=82447
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American