Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Common sense thoughts on what happened in the election

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Common sense thoughts on what happened in the election

Please be civil and rational in this thread. If you want to act like a moron, do it one of the other threads.

I was at my friends Restaurant last night watching the election. Al Landis, Representative for Ohio was having his party in one of the banquet rooms and a small group of Democrats were having some kind of election party in the other part of the restaurant. I was in the middle of them at the bar.

As a person that is a "people watcher" I found what was going on around me to be pretty interesting. The Republicans (by in large) were clean, neatly dressed (not rich) and reserved throughout the night. The Democrats all looked like they just woke up from bed, clothes looked like they were slept in and pretty much looked like what you would see at a Frat house after an all night party. They were loud and obnoxious. When they came to the bar they were demanding and basically rude.

Watching all the exit polls (specifically minority voting), it dawned on me that white people WILL vote for a minority (black, Hispanic, etc), but a minority will NOT vote for a white person.

So what is to be done in order for a Republican to get elected in the future? Get more minorities into the party. The days of trying to get a white guy elected as President are pretty much over I think. The next GOP candidate HAS TO BE black or Hispanic. Luckily, there as some solid choices here and look forward to the next election (if we still are around as a country).

I don't typically talk about sales number in public, but I will leave you guys with this little bit of info. Between 6PM and 6AM, we did over $30K in web sales. The month of October was the largest sales month in our companies HISTORY (eclipsing the previous month high in 2008 by $15K)! Panic buying is in FULL SWING folks.

Lastly, I will leave you with this. I would like to apologize for the State of Ohio letting everyone down. I did my best to support Romney, but in the end we let you down. I now believe that 80% of the countries populace are functioning idiots (can put gas in their car, make it to work, etc), but they lack the fundamental ability to analyze what is happening around them and make a solid choice for their future.

Hope is lost.

C4

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That's alright Grant, Virginia is lost too. I now officially hate living here.

Yes, hope is lost.

Feedback Score
    Republicans didn't learn their lesson that they should vote for people in the primary they want instead of people they think the other side will like. Unfortunately, it's likely too late to run any candidate that can't outpromise the other side. In four years a solid majority of people will have their hand out.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It has to be undone, the way it was done.

Take over the schools - teach children conservative values

Take over the press - tell people the conservative message daily

Take over the entertainment industry - indoctrinate the masses with liberty nightly

Otherwise, the takers will outnumber the makers forever.

Now I know how the Romans in Britain felt as the last Legion embarked on their ships.

G23c

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post

Take over the entertainment industry - indoctrinate the masses with liberty nightly

Now I know how the Romans in Britain felt as the last Legion embarked on their ships.

G23c
    Well said and my thoughts exactly.

This is a not just about an election, which is foam on the tides of history. It's a cultural war that has been going on for generations, at least since the early 1900's and actually before that. It took a long time to get here. The progressives played it patiently and correctly by understanding that it's not mainly about elections, it's about the culture. They have infiltrated and now dominate every part of the culture: education, media, entertainment, judiciary. While conservatives and libertarians are off doing our own thing, shooting guns, running businesses, and ranting about how the government should leave us alone, the progressives have dominated the minds of the young, and everyone who consumes tv, movies, music, and news.

Trying to "spin" your guy just to win an election (conservative as moderate, moderate as conservative, libertarian as both, etc.), might occasionally work. But if you don't have the ability to implement real ideas and get the country behind you once you're in, you will only experience political gridlock and accomplish little of lasting value as the past several election cycles have demonstrated.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    But if you don't have the ability to implement real ideas and get the country behind you once you're in, you will only experience political gridlock and accomplish little of lasting value as the past several election cycles have demonstrated.
    There lies the problem. Obama speaks in soundbytes. The sheeple don't have the attention span to listen someone like Ron Paul, for example, on economic issues because it takes a couple hours to address every problem, explain how we got here and the solution. Otherwise they'd understand liberty and economic liberty benefits all, except for the santa claus voters.

Nor do they have the critical thinking ability to differentiate the difference between the math problem below. Most hear Obamas ads that Romney paid less taxes than someone making $50,000. Umm, no, he paid a lower tax rate because all of his income was through investments, which are taxed at the capital gains tax rate. 15% of 20 million is still more than the income tax rate of $50,000 (median income).
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    The sheeple have been dumbed down by design....so that a leader like Obama or other left winger can win their approval.

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    While conservatives and libertarians are off doing our own thing, shooting guns, running businesses, and ranting about how the government should leave us alone, the progressives have dominated the minds of the young, and everyone who consumes tv, movies, music, and news.
    The issue is living as a conservative isn't teachable in cities, where the mass of our population now resides. There are handouts everywhere in cities, free trash pickup via street cleaning services, free food in soup kitchens, free bed and warm room and roof over your head in a shelter, free entertainment in bars and clubs, and cheap drugs or prostitutes if the lazy ever do happen to bum some change off the passersby.
    You have to live as a conservative to some degree in the country. Nobody wants to put wood in your ****ing stove, no one wants to feed you, nobody is interested in driving your ass around, you don't have very many bridges to hide under when it rains, and we don't have nice manicured parks with benches to sleep on, we have forests and forests have wolves and if you're a lazy mother****er you will die cold, broken and alone out here and no one will give a shit because in all likelihood you'll never be found, and when the ragged-looking dickhead thumbing his way up and down local dirt roads disappears you don't put out a missing persons alert, you pray that ****er never comes home because he was a goddamn eyesore.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Arizona Gun Store Ad: Obama Voters 'Not Welcome'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...m_medium=email

-------
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post

G23c
    Nice.

Particularly the last point.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast