Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Common sense thoughts on what happened in the election

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    GOP should take note of this election. If we lost due to non-voter turn out AGAIN, on a very pivotal election that is going to have major consequences, maybe a true conservative, and someone who doesn't agree with anything a far left waco like Obama says in a DEBATE, then maybe we can win it back.

But looking at the map, the U.S. is washed in a sea of red with blue islands and patches.

The Tea Party really sat this one out, and it showed. I heard absolute silence when it came the the Tea party during this election than in 2010. If we had the turn out we did in 2010, then Obama would be getting food stamps by now. I think the GOP was banking on this, and it did not materialize.

OWS, however, just got legitimized.

Here is the 2012 map

Last edited by Mauser KAR98K; 11-09-12 at 15:13.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser KAR98K View Post
    GOP should take note of this election. If we lost due to non-voter turn out AGAIN, on a very pivotal election that is going to have major consequences, maybe a true conservative, and someone who doesn't agree with anything a far left waco like Obama says in a DEBATE, then maybe we can win it back.

But looking at the map, the U.S. is washed in a sea of red with blue islands and patches.

The Tea Party really sat this one out, and it showed. I heard absolute silence when it came the the Tea party during this election than in 2010. If we had the turn out we did in 2010, then Obama would be getting food stamps by now. I think the GOP was banking on this, and it did not materialize.

OWS, however, just got legitimized.

Here is the 2012 map

But I thought Romney was the electable?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    But I thought Romney was the electable?
    He was until Candy and Sandy. And the lower of America's IQ.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser KAR98K View Post
    He was until Candy and Sandy. And the lower of America's IQ.

Well then he wasn't electable. He failed to capitalize on either event.

After Candy, he neutered himself even after she admitted less than an hour after of the end of the debate that she was wrong, and didn't mention anything about the poor response by FEMA to Sandy affected areas. Obama made a photo op, and took off to Colorado. The reason why Republicans won't say anything is they are afraid to play on the same field as democrats.

ETA: Republicans should also be asking Christie why he was bobbing on Obama's knob for days despite another shitty FEMA response. Most of the effort is at the state and local level...just like Katrina. Yet Republican's sit on their hands and allow democrats to run wild with more BS. Instead Boehner is bending over for Obama. Pelosi was on the attack with every speech she gave. Boehner is inept and half the politician Pelosi is.
    Last edited by Belmont31R; 11-09-12 at 17:08.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Well then he wasn't electable. He failed to capitalize on either event.

After Candy, he neutered himself even after she admitted less than an hour after of the end of the debate that she was wrong, and didn't mention anything about the poor response by FEMA to Sandy affected areas. Obama made a photo op, and took off to Colorado. The reason why Republicans won't say anything is they are afraid to play on the same field as democrats.
    He got fewer votes than McCain.

That pretty much sums it all up.

The problem with the Republican party is that their primaries concentrate too much on eastern (blue) states, yet the electorate is much more conservative than candidates from that region will ever be.

The Bush's ran against and beat a bunch of damn yankee liberal northeastern candidates.

So what do the Republicans do this time? They nominate a damn yankee northeastern liberal.

(No offense to damn yankee northeastern conservatives. )

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    How 'bout that! Almost makes me want to move! But lemme ask you one question: If Oklahoma is so great how come everyone in Texas hates it?

Every Republican knows you have to beat them by the margin of fraud.
    Cause we beat them in football!

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
    THAT map is from 2004.
    It's the same for Oklahoma every year though.
    Last edited by glocktogo; 11-09-12 at 18:45.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    He got fewer votes than McCain.

That pretty much sums it all up.
    He did not really get fewer votes than McCain if you look at the percentages.

Obama (12) got fewer votes than Obama (08) as well.

Obama/Democrats had a bigger drop than McCain Romney

2008 it was 52.9% to 45.7%. This time around it was
    2012 50.5% to 48%

--
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The take away from this is

Democrats are much better organized on the ground. They turn out their voters better. Witness the busloads of clueless Somalis and other dubious efforts that get the vote in their column.

The GOP has too much internecine warfare. The libertarian oriented Republicans have to find the common ground with the social conservatives and work together for the "common good" when it comes to the general election. LIKEWISE, the social conservatives need to do the same. Just like the more libertarian oriented Republicans need to work with and help a socially conservative candidate, the social conservatives need to work with and support the more libertarian candidates. IN the general election. Between elections is when both sides need to try and advance their respective causes. Not at the time of the election. All the Tea Party / libertarian types who sat this one out should be ashamed. Likewise, there are times when the social conservatives DO NOT step up to the plate and support pro-choice Republicans in the general election.

The Democrats are much better at pulling together in the general election and overlooking the faults of their brothers in the party who hold different ideas in some areas.

--

In other categories: The GOP needs to come out and talk about support for LEGAL immigration at the same time they talk about stopping illegal immigration.

I don't know how to do that, but the immigration issue is one that the GOP should own from the theoreticals. Not get basked over the head with.

---
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    The take away from this is

Democrats are much better organized on the ground. They turn out their voters better. Witness the busloads of clueless Somalis and other dubious efforts that get the vote in their column.

The GOP has too much internecine warfare. The libertarian oriented Republicans have to find the common ground with the social conservatives and work together for the "common good" when it comes to the general election. LIKEWISE, the social conservatives need to do the same. Just like the more libertarian oriented Republicans need to work with and help a socially conservative candidate, the social conservatives need to work with and support the more libertarian candidates. IN the general election. Between elections is when both sides need to try and advance their respective causes. Not at the time of the election. All the Tea Party / libertarian types who sat this one out should be ashamed. Likewise, there are times when the social conservatives DO NOT step up to the plate and support pro-choice Republicans in the general election.

The Democrats are much better at pulling together in the general election and overlooking the faults of their brothers in the party who hold different ideas in some areas.

--

In other categories: The GOP needs to come out and talk about support for LEGAL immigration at the same time they talk about stopping illegal immigration.

I don't know how to do that, but the immigration issue is one that the GOP should own from the theoreticals. Not get basked over the head with.

---

Sure, but it wasn't Ron Paul people pulling all the shenanigans during the primaries, and during the convention. They were working within the rules.

If you want to see organization, and I'm not just saying it because I like the guy, but RP people ARE organized. Don't know what will happen to them now that he is retired...but it would do well for the GOP people to get ahold of some of them and help them get something going. What I saw of the GOP people here, locally, I wouldn't be holding my breath, though.

Immigration is something I don't know why the GOP supports. Legal immigration is importing millions of Democrat voters who are more likely to go on welfare than natural born citizens. We switched from immigration from Europeans to 3rd world minorities a long time ago. Continued support for this is giving Democrats a larger base to work with, and draining our economy.

You talked about Democrats driving somalis to go vote...thats who we're allowing to immigrate. If you're a white European who is educated then tough luck. We'd rather have some illiterate black African who the democrats can sign up for welfare and bus around to go vote a few dozen times.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    No one really likes the Republican Party as a single minded electable unit.

The liberals don't like them.
    The moderates don't like them
    The independents don't like them.
    The Tea Party doesn't like them.
    The RINO's don't like them.
    The minorities don't like them.
    and the republicans don't even like each other as a unit.

The only reason they have done so well in the last two general elections is the dislike for Obama. The reason they did well in the mid-term was because of the Tea Party organizational efforts.

The Republican Party is over. Just ask Boehner. He'll cry you song.

I will never believe that Obama really wanted to win this election. Never. Look at the video of him crying. You don't cry when you win like this. He didn't get bloodied up in this match. Hell... he was asleep or flying in our jet. He cried because he told his team that --they-- made it seem important for him to be doing what he does. He knows he has been clueless. He knows he has had to have a teleprompter just to say hello. He knows he has no clue. He was tired. He wanted out of the fight..... but he f'n won and he cried because he realized he fooled half a nation for the benefit of whomever is telling him what to do. Now he has to do it for four more years. Sure he'll get over it, but I believe to my core that we lost a fight he didn't even want to win.

I don't know who or what is behind all the strange going on in America but something is seriously wrong. There is a massive chunk of truth being hidden somewhere. I wish someone would find it.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast