Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Common sense thoughts on what happened in the election

Feedback Score
    This article summed it up pretty good, I thought.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay35 View Post
    This article summed it up pretty good, I thought.
    I'll be goddamned if I'm going to take a civics lesson from some Israeli hawk. Here's an apt response to that article: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/11/op...f=opinion&_r=0

From the article cited above:

"But in recent decades more and more Israelis took to leaning on the reactionary forces in American society. It was convenient to lean on them. The evangelists didn’t ask difficult questions about the settlements, the Tea Party people didn’t say a word about excluding women and minorities or about Jewish settlers’ attacks and acts of vandalism against Palestinians and peace activists. The Republican Party’s white, religious, conservative wing was not agitated when the Israeli Supreme Court was attacked and the rule of law in Israel was trampled.” Israel, Shavit added, assumed that “under the patronage of a radical, rightist America we can conduct a radical, rightist policy without paying the price.” No more. Netanyahu can still get a standing ovation from the Israel lobby, but not at U.C.L.A.

So my best advice to Israelis is: Focus on your own election — on Jan. 22 — not ours. I find it very sad that in a country with so much human talent, the Israeli center and left still can’t agree on a national figure who could run against Netanyahu and his thuggish partner, Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman — a man whose commitment to democracy is closer to Vladimir Putin’s than Thomas Jefferson’s. Don’t count on America to ride to the rescue. It has to start with you."

Feedback Score
    Hey, if I could strip the Jewish parts out of that article, I would. The couple of paragraphs that actually pertained to Israel or Jews in the article can be completely ignored and the point remains: the majority of the article is an assessment of the death of conservatism in the US, which is the content that mattered to me, anyway. It's amazing how you can zero in on the least relevant parts of an article as an excuse to dismiss it. Wait, no it's not.
    Last edited by feedramp; 11-11-12 at 21:05.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay35 View Post
    Hey, if I could strip the Jewish parts out of that article, I would. The couple of paragraphs that actually pertained to Israel or Jews in the article can be completely ignored and the point remains: the majority of the article is an assessment of the death of conservatism in the US, which is the content that mattered to me, anyway. It's amazing how you can zero in on the least relevant parts of an article as an excuse to dismiss it. Wait, no it's not.
    Least relevant part of the article? It's the only relevant part of the article. Why do you think Israeli hard-liners were rooting for another crew of neocons and evangelicals in the White House? So they can get a pass on ****ing the Palestinians, a green light to start another war with Iran, and a butt load of foreign aid and arms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Are you addressing legal aliens, those who wouldn't voter for Obama-Lite or both here?
    All of you dumb ****s that stayed home, voted Johnson and especially that South African asshole that bought guns & ammo instead of getting his citizenship. That tells me volumes you selfish little spoiled bastards.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    Conservative need to re-familiarize themselves with the old right. Such individuals as H.L. Mencken, Frank Chodorov, John T. Flynn, Albert J. Nock, Garet Garrett, Rose Wilder Lane etc..., Instead of the clowns over at Fox news or 'conservative' radio stations.
    H.L. Mencken was a racist, nazi. That isn't right, it's nuts.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rdc0000 View Post
    All of you dumb ****s that stayed home, voted Johnson and especially that South African asshole that bought guns & ammo instead of getting his citizenship. That tells me volumes you selfish little spoiled bastards.
    Well stupid idiots like you are why we have people like Rove, Gingrich, Priebus, Boehner, McConnell, Graham, Bachmann, etc. running the GOP. You listen to mouthpieces like Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Trump, Coulter, etc. and believe the ridiculous shit they sling. Why don't YOU take some responsibility for your stupid-assed bullshit for a change? How can you sit there with a straight face and judge others when people like you are one of the reasons this country is so ****ed right now? What a ****ing asshole YOU are! Go peddle your displaced blame somewhere else, cause I ain't buying it!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rdc0000 View Post
    Ease up and throttle back dude.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    rdc0000:

Do not insult other members. This is your only warning.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Common sense thoughts on the election?

How about: the Democrat machine stole it.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/odd-romney-got-zero-votes-in-59-precincts-in-philly-9-in-ohio/

Odd? Romney Got ZERO Votes In 59 Precincts in Philly, and 9 Precincts in Ohio
    But what if there are parts of the country where Romney not only got zero percent of the vote (a possibility in the case of vote totals so small that rounding renders them null), but actually got literally zero votes? For the nominee of a major party, that would be truly extraordinary – so extraordinary, in fact, that it would strain credulity.

And seeing as this highly unlikely turn of events happened not in one or two precincts, but in over 59 in Philadelphia, and 9 in Cleveland, that credulity can be safely said to be completely strained, if not broken.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast