Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Common sense thoughts on what happened in the election

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Oh, I forgot one thing - Boehner and Cantor.

Fire them.

Crying on TV and giving interviews where you basically endorse Obama's policy except around the edges disqualifies both of the "leaders" in the House.

We will need a strong, media-savvy House leader or we'll get taken apart every night on the news for obstruction.

bc

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser KAR98K View Post
    Anyone have the full U.S. map showing the counties (not individual states and the counties). I am very curious what the Red and Blue make up is this year. Most of the time it has been "purple" but going through FNC's county by county through state maps, I think there are going to be city islands of blue in a sea of red.
    Basically it was cities went blue; rural areas went red. Again.

That's why I keep saying the next civil war wil be "street by street" because all the division depends on if you have pavement under your feet or dirt rather than what state you live in.

On the other hand, look at how the entire northeast went blue, and the middle and south went red.

We are already two countries.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Basically it was cities went blue; rural areas went red. Again.

That's why I keep saying the next civil war wil be "street by street" because all the division depends on if you have pavement under your feet or dirt rather than what state you live in.

On the other hand, look at how the entire northeast went blue, and the middle and south went red.

We are already two countries.
    Agreed. Man, today sucks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Allen West
    Our race is far from decided and there is no rush to declare an outcome. Ensuring a fair and accurate counting off all ballots is of the utmost importance. There are still tens of thousands of absentee ballots to be counted in Palm Beach County and potential provisional ballots across the district. Late last night Congressman West maintained a district wide lead of nearly 2000 votes until the St. Lucie County Supervisor of Elections “recounted” thousands of early ballots. Following that “recount” Congressman West trailed by 2,400 votes. In addition, there were numerous other disturbing irregularities reported at polls across St. Lucie County including the doors to polling places being locked when the polls closed in direct violation of Florida law, thereby preventing the public from witnessing the procedures used to tabulate results. The St. Lucie County Supervisor of Elections office clearly ignored proper rules and procedures, and the scene at the Supervisor’s office last night could only be described as complete chaos. Given the hostility and demonstrated incompetence of the St. Lucie County Supervisor of Elections, we believe it is critical that a full hand recount of the ballots take place in St. Lucie County. We will continue to fight to ensure every vote is counted properly and fairly, and accordingly we will pursue all legal means necessary.

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    It has to be undone, the way it was done.

Take over the schools - teach children conservative values

Take over the press - tell people the conservative message daily

Take over the entertainment industry - indoctrinate the masses with liberty nightly

Otherwise, the takers will outnumber the makers forever.

Now I know how the Romans in Britain felt as the last Legion embarked on their ships.

G23c
    How is openly "indoctrinating" anyone with anything a good thing? This reminds me of the Eric Holder video where he wants to"make guns not cool, like we did to smoking".

Why not try to educate people on the whole picture of an issue without giving it a red,blue or green tinge? If someone is a conservative, I would like them to know why and be able to explain that rationally, and have the maturity to know when to throttle back when appropriate.

sent from mah gun,using my sights

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser KAR98K View Post
    Yep, just reversed and with a few more states involved.

Anyone have the full U.S. map showing the counties (not individual states and the counties). I am very curious what the Red and Blue make up is this year. Most of the time it has been "purple" but going through FNC's county by county through state maps, I think there are going to be city islands of blue in a sea of red.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...012/president/

County toggle is on the left.

Warning: Graphics Content

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    It has to be undone, the way it was done.

Take over the schools - teach children conservative values

Take over the press - tell people the conservative message daily

Take over the entertainment industry - indoctrinate the masses with liberty nightly

Otherwise, the takers will outnumber the makers forever.

Now I know how the Romans in Britain felt as the last Legion embarked on their ships.
    G23c
    Nice.

Particularly the last point.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Apologies on behalf of Florida for our collective failures last night (for starters; re-electing Obama, sending Alan Grayson back to Congress, sending Allen West home).

We've collectively decided as a country that we want the nanny state. I know Romney wasn't any of our first choices, and no one here is a huge fan of his; but last night in my view was, in an election that really was a referendum of Obama, an endorsement of the Democrat party. You saw it in the Senate races as well, even discounting the two idiot Republicans. I can't understand it, wasn't expecting it, but that's all I'm left with.

"...It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateCitizen View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...012/president/

County toggle is on the left.

Warning: Graphics Content
    Thanks.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by warpigM-4 View Post
    Allen West
    Late last night Congressman West maintained a district wide lead of nearly 2000 votes until the St. Lucie County Supervisor of Elections “recounted” thousands of early ballots. Following that “recount” Congressman West trailed by 2,400 votes.
    Why is it in a recount, only the Dem picks up votes and the Rep loses votes? It happened in 2000, and with the MN Senate election when Al Frankken "won".

And as far as how the President won, Bill O'Reily put it best. "People want stuff. Free stuff. The people are going to vote for the guy that will give them free stuff."
    Failure to train is training to fail.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast