Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PIG UCR(Universal Chest Rig)?

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

PIG UCR(Universal Chest Rig)?

Looking at this chest rig (PIG UCR). Does anybody have one of these or use one. I'm looking for an alternative rig other than my plate carrier.
    Here are the specs.

PIG UCR (Universal Chest Rig)

Based on the Eagle Universal Chest Rig / SKD Version (CR-UTV-MS) that was originally designed by Paul Howe, the all new PIG UCR (Universal Chest Rig) incorporates updates and features that were overdue.

•500D Construction for less weight.

•Adjustable retention straps that adjust with velcro instead of metal tri-glides.

•PIG CR-UTV-MS Upgrade Straps, standard.

•Internal drainage grommets.

•Compatible with PIG CR H-Harness Kit.

The PIG UCR still carries 2 x M4 mags (USGI/PMAG/Lancer) or 1 x 7.62 mag (PMAG/SR-25/AR10/FAL) or 1 x AK-47/74 mag per each of its 4 rifle mag pouches. The 4 pistol mag pouches up front are ideal for double stack pistol magazines (up to Glock 20/21), flashlights, utility tools or other similarly shaped items. The Molle on the side of the chest rig allows for additional ammo, first aid, radio or utility pouches. The PIG UCR also retains the mesh stash pocket and the internal Map Pocket of the original Paul Howe CR-UTV-MS with velcro closure along the top of the rig. As with all Patrol Incident Gear tactical nylon gear, the PIG UCR is proudly Made in the USA!

http://www.skdtac.com/PIG-UCR-Univer...-p/pig.667.htm
    Last edited by MFWIC2; 11-07-12 at 19:26.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I saw this today on SKD too and was interested to find out what the guys on here thought about it.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Its brand new, I doubt anyone has one yet. The original Eagle/SKD collaboration was great and it sounds like they fixed a few of the weaker points. PIG makes great stuff from my limited experience but I've heard a lot of great stuff. I'm definitely going to be selling my Eagle one to swap for one of these since I wasn't able to get the color I wanted originally anyways. I'm pretty sure there's nothing that can come close at that price.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have one of the original versions with over 6+ years of use in it. If this is an improvement over the original, it should be good to go. Plus for the price point, its hard to beat. I'm recommending them to my guys when they want to purchase their own rigs.

Feedback Score
    We just released it last Tuesday (NOV 6). I think people are going to love it. Hopefully we'll get some end user reviews in soon.

SOS
    With Skill, Knowledge & Determination, YOU WILL PREVAIL!
    Join our Facebook Fan Page for Specials, Updates and Discounts!
    Questions? m4c@skdtac.com

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I have two of the original ones and they are solid. I like the changes that have been made to this one and will be picking one up in the very near future.

The only thing I am a little disappointed in is that there is still only two columns of PALS webbing on either side of the mag pouches, as most IFAK carriers and utility pouches use three columns. However, I have a solid solution for how it is now.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm about to order one this week. I'll post some first hand feedback when it gets here. Also interests if anyone already has their hands on it.
    Last edited by ARonBoard; 11-10-12 at 16:33.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    I have two of the original ones and they are solid. I like the changes that have been made to this one and will be picking one up in the very near future.

The only thing I am a little disappointed in is that there is still only two columns of PALS webbing on either side of the mag pouches, as most IFAK carriers and utility pouches use three columns. However, I have a solid solution for how it is now.
    The HSGI bleeder pouch is perfect for this, or go my route and put (two total) Tactical Tailor canteen pouches on either side. One for your IFAK guts, and one for your NVG's.

SOS
    With Skill, Knowledge & Determination, YOU WILL PREVAIL!
    Join our Facebook Fan Page for Specials, Updates and Discounts!
    Questions? m4c@skdtac.com

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Isn't the Dark Angel Medical IFAK two rows of MOLLE too?

Feedback Score
    I just received mine. I have the original and this one is lighter without padded straps, and appears very well made. I will get a couple range sessions in with it soon.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast