Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt New Products 2013

Feedback Score

Colt New Products 2013

Preview of Colt new products for 2013 :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoThH...hannel&list=UL

Feedback Score
    The FDE offerings are always nice options (fore-end, grip, and stock in FDE). The comprehensive camo coverage could be interesting for those who want that.

Feedback Score
    I like the AR15A4. I'm surprised Colt hasn't offered this particular configuration previously.

As a concept, my favorite is the updated XM177E2 (what he referred to as a "6720LECAR"). Of course, the moderator is nothing more than a cosmetic piece, and as stated in the video, is permanently attached to bring the barrel length to 16" to avoid SBR status. I wouldn't buy one of this new model myself, but I've always loved the XM177E2.

Not sure why they didn't put the old-style triangular carbine handguard on the XM177E2 model.
    Last edited by everyusernametaken; 11-10-12 at 23:19.

Feedback Score
    Some of the color options are neat, but nothing blows me away.

I'd rather see smarter barrel profiles, a published midlength gas standard, and those long modular colt handguards (see the AUSA story at vuurwapen blog).

Also, I saw ambi safeties but not full ambi features. I think colt can do better.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I wonder how much the commando will be. If its under 1k might be work getting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Colt should release a factory SPR/Recce style rifle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been debating my post election purchase and Colt decided it for me. First will be the AR15A4 followed the USMC pistol.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Its time for Colt to park the clown car.

11.5" with an extended flash hider? Really? That went out of style 20 years ago.

Where is my 14.5" lightweight barrel with flattop?
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The only one that I would care about is the 20" A4. And why would you put the Super stock and Magpul BUIS on a "throw back"? If they would do an XM177E2 clone, they would be on to something.
    Agreed, not impressive.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Its time for Colt to park the clown car.

11.5" with an extended flash hider? Really? That went out of style 20 years ago.

Where is my 14.5" lightweight barrel with flattop?

That LE-CAR would be the absolute best purchase for most people that want to SBR their first (or second or third) AR. Without paying a premium or waiting you'd have a real deal 6933 gun, that once you received your stamp you could just remove the stupid flash hider and move along.

No dicking with barrels, gas ports, buffer guessing etc, just an immediate SBR-able rifle that is absolutely going to work. The next time someone asks me about a first SBR this will almost certainly be my recommnadtion. And not for nothing but at least it's usable in the time you are waiting for the stamp (no visiting at dealer, no pistol lower BS).
    Last edited by mark5pt56; 11-11-12 at 17:10. Reason: removed language from Noodle

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast