Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt New Products 2013

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    I have no idea.

Thanks, I think the best thing Colt could do with some of these is to announce them as limited release items, and move on.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Definitely not happy that there's no monolithic, extended modular rail.

Feedback Score
    The Troy muzzle devices surprised me. I wonder if they chose them for their cost or their effectiveness. I don't recall reading glowing reviews of Troy brakes.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The entire AR-15 industry went with Troy BUIS as their OEM sights.

Colt keeps going with the magpul mbus.

Last edited by scottryan; 11-11-12 at 18:27.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    I don't understand their fascination with gimmicky things like the commando or the skull paint job or that troy muzzle brake.

I would have loved to see a 20" M16A4 with an A5 receiver extension paired up with a quality stock. That would be the shit. Also offer those with a KAC rail from the factory.

As long as the keep pumping out their standard carbines and other quality products I'm sure they will be fine. I'd like to know who is giving them the idea that these rifles are what the people want.

Feedback Score
    The old school carry handle commando looks rad.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    The old school carry handle commando looks rad.
    I saw that and subsequently submerged my PC in water when they said it wouldn't come with the sweet short fixed stock, it would come with a standard M4 stock.

Feedback Score
    I agree. You go retro and then you pull up short with modern furniture. Offer it full boat retro and let guys go get the Magpul stuff if they want.

-I too was jumping up and down to see the CS stock on that one model only to be let down to hear that it was not available...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghunterCO View Post
    I agree. You go retro and then you pull up short with modern furniture. Offer it full boat retro and let guys go get the Magpul stuff if they want.

-I too was jumping up and down to see the CS stock on that one model only to be let down to hear that it was not available...

Exactly.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Why would you do that instead of just buying a 6933?
    Well,

1. The "Commando" model should cost similar to the 6920. So less than a 6933. No doubt these will be significantly more available.

2. No dealer transfer fee.

3. Not an NFA item so while debating or waiting on stamp you are free to treat it as any other gun. Including purchase this inside a non-SBR state with intention to one day move.

4. No waiting to shoot it. You can get the "Commando" model in, run it, see if you want to SBR and keep it. There is a "trial" period that does not exist with other SBRs. During this time you can see if it'll run your preferred ammo, accuracy, function, fits your style etc etc

5. I suppose there will be some people who buy it with the intention of removing that flash hider in a SHTF scenario where it would no longer be illegal to do so.

The downside is it'll need to be engraved with your info vs being a factory SBR. IMO, well worth it to some people. It's not perfect for everyone, but we've all seen those "So I'm thinking of getting an SBR" posts where a ton of people end up with everything from a Spikes 7.5" to a NoName 14.5 middy that doesn't run well. This is one-step away from being a 6933 that you can buy and have in your hands today.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast