Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Colt New Products 2013

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeawolfIV View Post
    I saw that and subsequently submerged my PC in water when they said it wouldn't come with the sweet short fixed stock, it would come with a standard M4 stock.
    **** that noise. Stick the old school Colt CAR stock on it.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This screams of a company that is entrenched in it's own reputation and has no clue what is going on in the greater world. Colt needs to hire some young talent.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    I'm not happy the A4 model has M4 feedramps.
    What is the issue with that? How are m4 feed ramps inferior?

Feedback Score
    So, no mid-lengths again this year, but a bunch of goofy models with no real target audience?

Guess I'll check back again in 2014.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    What is the issue with that? How are m4 feed ramps inferior?
    Yes please clue me in.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Something to complain about!
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    **** that noise. Stick the old school Colt CAR stock on it.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. If it had the CAR stock on it, it would be pretty neat.

Feedback Score
    I believe there are really two distinct groups you can pursue with new products in this industry - those who know specifically what they're looking for, and those who just buy something that appeals to them for some non-functional reason. It looks like Colt has invested more in the latter this time around, but a quick look at places like BARF and the local range suggests there may be a larger volume of potential sales in that market. At the end of the day, they are a business, like it or not.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I agree that it would be cool if they made the old plastic CAR stocks again.

Feedback Score
    That A4 seems interesting

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Well,

1. The "Commando" model should cost similar to the 6920. So less than a 6933. No doubt these will be significantly more available.

2. No dealer transfer fee.

3. Not an NFA item so while debating or waiting on stamp you are free to treat it as any other gun. Including purchase this inside a non-SBR state with intention to one day move.

4. No waiting to shoot it. You can get the "Commando" model in, run it, see if you want to SBR and keep it. There is a "trial" period that does not exist with other SBRs. During this time you can see if it'll run your preferred ammo, accuracy, function, fits your style etc etc

5. I suppose there will be some people who buy it with the intention of removing that flash hider in a SHTF scenario where it would no longer be illegal to do so.

The downside is it'll need to be engraved with your info vs being a factory SBR. IMO, well worth it to some people. It's not perfect for everyone, but we've all seen those "So I'm thinking of getting an SBR" posts where a ton of people end up with everything from a Spikes 7.5" to a NoName 14.5 middy that doesn't run well. This is one-step away from being a 6933 that you can buy and have in your hands today.
    The slightly higher price of the 6933 will be seen when you send your lower off to be engraved and have the long flash hider removed. That is a wash.

You also have to account for the devalue of the barrel since it is left with a dimple where the pin and weld used to be. You would be lucky to get $175 for it, where real Colt 11.5" barrels go for $400 street price.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast