Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sold my G27 thinking about a XDS for summer carry...any opinions?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by awm14hp View Post
    I bought a 26 for summer carry but then had to put finger extensions on it to fit right then I measured it up and its almost same size as my 19 now it goes strickly ankle duty when I cant do anything else
    Putting extensions defeats the purpose man. Do you have big hands? Also, what ankle holster do you use, and could you recommend it?

OP, I haven't handled or shot the XD, but I think you should have stuck to the G27, "IF" you also have the larger framed counterpart. I find it curious that you had a G27, to compliment your G19. Do you also have a full sised .40 cal Glock?

Its just my personal preference, but I now prefer compatibility with both ammunition/magazines/operator controls etc between my main pistol & bug. Glock is the "system" to have that IMO trumps all others.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    no someone offered me $700 for my used G27 OD and I sold it,
    my thinking was I was going to go with my G19 for carry but I really wanted a thinner pistol for CCW or Pocket Carry.
    I used to have a 642 SW J frame but I feel like a pocket semi is better for me.

I have have a Glock 23 and a Glock 19,...

I had the Glock 27 because the G26 vs G27 it is only a one round capacity difference so I went with the .40 G27 over buying a G26 in 9mm.

I own a lot of Glocks...G19, G34, G30, G21SF and a G23 with a 357 sig. barrel....love glocks and if they had a single stack pocket pistol style gun i would own it.
    Last edited by davebee456; 11-13-12 at 00:17.
    "People talk 45. shoot 9mm and carry 38." Jeff Cooper
    now it would be - "People talk G19, Shoot G34 and Carry G43"

Feedback Score

45 xds

I bought a xds for 499. and it has been a very reliable, accurate, and concealable gun. You can get a 7 rnd clip for it but that seems to defeat the purpose of the gun as it makes the grip longer. I have not regretted the purchase at all. This is my first and only sa xd but have had no problems at all and would recomend the xds to anyone.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davebee456 View Post
    no someone offered me $700 for my used G27 OD and I sold it,
    my thinking was I was going to go with my G19 for carry but I really wanted a thinner pistol for CCW or Pocket Carry.
    I used to have a 642 SW J frame but I feel like a pocket semi is better for me.

I have have a Glock 23 and a Glock 19,...

I had the Glock 27 because the G26 vs G27 it is only a one round capacity difference so I went with the .40 G27 over buying a G26 in 9mm.

I own a lot of Glocks...G19, G34, G30, G21SF and a G23 with a 357 sig. barrel....love glocks and if they had a single stack pocket pistol style gun i would own it.
    The snappiness of .40 coming out of Glock 27 bothers a lot of people, did it bother you? The Glock 26 is much easier to shoot.
    "The sword is the soul. Study the soul to know the sword. Evil mind, evil sword."

A response petition to the Obama administration urging that gun rights be left to the States. Please sign and share.

Feedback Score
    Opinion? Buy that Glock back.
    -RagweedZulu
    "Always remember those who've died. Never forget those who killed them."

Feedback Score
    HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    maybe i will buy a g26 if the xds isnt working out for me.
    i wanted to see if it was more comfortable carrying the shield or XDs
    Last edited by davebee456; 11-13-12 at 23:48.
    "People talk 45. shoot 9mm and carry 38." Jeff Cooper
    now it would be - "People talk G19, Shoot G34 and Carry G43"

Feedback Score
    OP, if you haven't already done this, spend the $40 or so and buy an Vanguard 2 holster from Raven and try it with your current Glocks - especially your 19.

Heck, I've even been CCW'ing my G17 as of late.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Don't replace a Glock with any variant of an XD.
    Rule #1 for life.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    What type of holster are you using? I ask because with the proper holster, belt, and method of carry combination you should be able to conceal your G19 under a t-shirt.

And a new holster and belt is considerably less expensive than a new gun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast